• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [AT&T] Unable to mount /system

tup4

Lurker
Jan 14, 2014
So I'm green to Rooting.
I purchased a used ATT HTC One X. It came rooted with Viper XL 4.0.0 installed. That ROM works fine, however, I would like to update/change it to another ROM. I installed ROM Manager and made a full backup of my current install. I tried using TWRP 2.6.0.0 to flash a new ROM. I did the Wipe and then tried to flash a new ROM. However, when the ROM install is happening (for any ROM tried) I get an error that says... unable to mount /system. Any help would be appreciated so I can get past this point and get another ROM installed successfully.

Yeah that's what I was looking for. It doesn't say tampered up the top near the 'unlocked' text? Exactly which other ROMs have you attempted to install? Give me the exact filenames and where you downloaded them from if possible. Have you checked in the mount section of TWRP to see if you can mount the system partition manually?

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones