Unable to mount USB on HTC Hero

Last Updated:

1. MrHaugland

MrHaugland New Member This Topic's Starter

I have this wierd problem with my HTC Hero that it is unable to mount USB when connected to computer. I only get the option HTC Sync. I haven`t connected my phone since i updatet to the latest ROM in the fall, and everything was working back then.

My girlfriend has the same phone (with the same ROM + radio), and hers are able to connect perfectly fine. Under "Devices & Printers" hers shows as "Android phone" whilst nothing happens when mine is connected.

I have tried un-and reinstalling HTC Sync (2.018) + HTC Drivers + manually deleted any HTC folder, tried in Mac Os X 10.6, Win7x32 and Win7x64 with the same results, tried her SD card in my phone, changed USB-cabels, done a hard reset + formatet SD card. Have also used a USB program which allows me to manually delete any installed USB driver, so that they could reinstall when reconnecting phone.

Anyone got a pointer?

Advertisement
  2. Ziani

Ziani Well-Known Member

Just a thought have you got USB debugging checked in menu>applications>development

3. MrHaugland

MrHaugland New Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah, I have. Forgot to mention that. Have tried both on and off. When connecting my girlfriends it doesnt mather if the debugging is on/off...