• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help unable to move apps to sd card

to put in other things, some people have over 16GB music collection.. lolz :D
OFF-TOPIC: I have over 24 GB of music, all on my computer. :p I need a 32 GB card.
ON-TOPIC: If you want to move apps to the SD card, you'll need Link2SD and a second partition on your MiniSD/TF card. You can find a tutorial for it somewhere, not sure where; sorry. :(

Upvote 0
you have to partition your as card using pc with partition manager.your first partition must be fat 32 (use 60% of your as card),2nd partition either fat 32 or ext2 .I make both fat 32.your 3rd partition may or may not be swap partition.install link2sd , detect 2nd partition by it for the first time only. you can see all the partition through link 2 sd but only par1 can be seen through pc.

Upvote 0
you have to partition your as card using pc with partition manager.your first partition must be fat 32 (use 60% of your as card),2nd partition either fat 32 or ext2 .I make both fat 32.your 3rd partition may or may not be swap partition.install link2sd , detect 2nd partition by it for the first time only. you can see all the partition through link 2 sd but only par1 can be seen through pc.

I recommend 250 MB for Link2SD, and the rest for the first partition if you use a 2 GB. I have 440 MB for Link2SD, and my 2 GB SD card has ca. 600 MB left, and I need more badly. :\

Upvote 0
I recommend 250 MB for Link2SD, and the rest for the first partition if you use a 2 GB. I have 440 MB for Link2SD, and my 2 GB SD card has ca. 600 MB left, and I need more badly. :\

I have personally tried LINK2SD and APP2SD. Only LINKS2SD works like charm.

All you need is rooted phone and download links2sd from market.

Reactions: mumof7kids
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones