Unable to open attached filesSupport

1. guitarbloke

guitarbloke New Member

I can open most files on my Tab 2, however this one particular client of mine sends PDF's through daily - none of which open on my Tab. They're small files - 100k approx.

They open perfectly on the iPad and on my PC, just not on the Tab.

When they come through on email, I save them to the device and then go to open them, but receive a message telling me that no application can open the file. It's a standard PDF doc, and I can normally open any other PDF's just fine on the Tab.

I have Kingsoft Office and Adobe Reader installed on the Tab - both of which I normally use to view PDFs and have no issues - with the exception of this customer's PDFs.

It's definitely not a problem with the files since they open perfectly on other devices. Strange thing is these particular files don't open on any of our office Galaxy Tab 2's (so it's not just my device).

Any idea what the issue could be?

Cheers!

Advertisement
  2. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Files readable on PC and iPad, direct from their email clients or send from your tab afterwards?
    Might be an email thing.

Harry
  3. jwither

jwither Well-Known Member

You're saying they don't open in either app? Have you associated .pdf files with one of the apps, or do you get the pop-up window asking which app to open them in?

I thought all Tab 2's came with Polaris Office, not Kingsoft. Maybe that's dated.

The exact verbage of the error message you're getting, or if you're even getting an error message, would help here.

There's actually no such thing as a "standard PDF". There are a ton of different Windows and Mac applications that can be used to create PDFs, and many different versions of each. Some of the later versions of Adobe Acrobat Standard and Pro can create PDFs with embedded features that make it difficult for older versions of Adobe Reader/Standard to open, much less other PDF viewers.