Unable To Overclock Past 1.19

Last Updated:

1. v01rider

v01rider Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

on Fresh 3.1.0.2 :confused: what gives? every time i try through setcpu the evo reboots, then gets in a boot loop. any suggestions on how to fix this?

\/ what im running \/

Advertisement
  2. Daft Punk

Daft Punk Well-Known Member

could be your phone man. Every EVO is different.

im getting over 1.2 on mine via netarchy kernel.

3. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

Your phone can't handle that speed/voltage. Same thing happens to me.

4. Putty

Putty Well-Known Member

Man I was in that reboot loop when I added the very last profile in SetCPU. I was lucky to get into uninstaller and removed the app before it rebooted...I almost pissed myself. I am staying away from that app.

Anyway, I suggest you used Baked Snacks and use one of the kernels....#5 that overclocks you out to 1.26.
    Although I read somewhere that anything over 1.13 doesnt work...i dunno.

5. exBBuser

exBBuser Well-Known Member

That's the most u phone can handle. U can always try a different Kernel. If you get the same results then that's as high as u gonna get. I've been to OF @1.26 but performance really goes down the hill with that speed.

6. v01rider

v01rider Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

awesome. thanks everyone!

7. Hazy

Hazy Well-Known Member

You shouldnt even worry to try to get past there.... I thought i had the same "problem", then i found a couple of kernels that were stable at 1.22 but through some testing i found out that 1.19 gave me the best performance, with some ROMs 1.15 is even better

v01rider likes this.
  8. mitchellvii

mitchellvii Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry about it. I think you would find very little improvement at a higher clock than 1.19 anyway. 1.15 to 1.19 seems to be the sweet spot for performance. Just because your phone doesn't explode at a certain oc doesn't mean it's the best oc for the phone ;-)

You think you are upset now, wait till the phones with dual core processors running at 1.5 stock come out this Christmas and the developers start writing apps to use all that power and your EVO is left sucking wind. Same thing as happened when Crysis came out for the PC - what were once super-gpu's became embarrassingly slow.

9. jersey221

jersey221 Well-Known Member

battery life will need to be better before they put dual cores in i dont think we will se dual cores for a little there maybe ones like 1.5ghz coming out.

10. I Like Soup

I Like Soup Active Member

I just tried pushing my EVO from 1.15GHZ to 1.19HZ and I got in to the boot loop. Had to catch it in a stable moment to get into SetCPU to uncheck the "Set to boot" box (then it rebooted again) and then I uninstalled because it was running a little ragged. I'll reinstall to take advantage of the 1.15GHZ and underclocking. Now...of to figure out task killer as it seems I have all kinds of crap running in the background and my battery lasts roughly 10-12 hours!