• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unable To Overclock Past 1.19

Man I was in that reboot loop when I added the very last profile in SetCPU. I was lucky to get into uninstaller and removed the app before it rebooted...I almost pissed myself. I am staying away from that app.

Anyway, I suggest you used Baked Snacks and use one of the kernels....#5 that overclocks you out to 1.26.
Although I read somewhere that anything over 1.13 doesnt work...i dunno.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't worry about it. I think you would find very little improvement at a higher clock than 1.19 anyway. 1.15 to 1.19 seems to be the sweet spot for performance. Just because your phone doesn't explode at a certain oc doesn't mean it's the best oc for the phone ;-)

You think you are upset now, wait till the phones with dual core processors running at 1.5 stock come out this Christmas and the developers start writing apps to use all that power and your EVO is left sucking wind. Same thing as happened when Crysis came out for the PC - what were once super-gpu's became embarrassingly slow.

Upvote 0
You think you are upset now, wait till the phones with dual core processors running at 1.5 stock come out this Christmas and the developers start writing apps to use all that power and your EVO is left sucking wind. Same thing as happened when Crysis came out for the PC - what were once super-gpu's became embarrassingly slow.

battery life will need to be better before they put dual cores in i dont think we will se dual cores for a little there maybe ones like 1.5ghz coming out.

Upvote 0
I just tried pushing my EVO from 1.15GHZ to 1.19HZ and I got in to the boot loop. Had to catch it in a stable moment to get into SetCPU to uncheck the "Set to boot" box (then it rebooted again) and then I uninstalled because it was running a little ragged. I'll reinstall to take advantage of the 1.15GHZ and underclocking. Now...of to figure out task killer as it seems I have all kinds of crap running in the background and my battery lasts roughly 10-12 hours!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones