• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "Unable To Play This Type of Audio File"???

Sparkslord

Mar 12, 2011
I transferred a number of MP3 files to my SD card via USB. The audio player could see them but will only play about half of them. The others display "Unable To Play This Type of File". I turned off my EVO. Tried unmounting and remounting SD card. Downlowded another audio Player (PowerAmp), with same issues. These files are from my ITunes library. They are all MP3s. They are different bitrates, but I wouldn't think that would make a difference. I just dragged them over from a Windows 7 computer. Any Suggestions?

ITS THE FREAKIN SD CARD!!! I took out the 32GB card and reinstalled the 8GB one. Transferred the music exactly the same way and worked perfectly. I guess thats a lesson not to buy SD Micro cards off of Ebay. I logged into my Ebay account to contact seller and there was a message from Ebay saying that the seller was selling counterfeit Sandisk cards. Hopefully I can get my $70 back. lol

Upvote 0
Yep, unfortunately there are a lot of fake 32gb cards on ebay. A LOT. Hopefully you will get your money back. I would HIGHLY recommend buying from an authorized retailer like NewEgg.

. I logged into my Ebay account to contact seller and there was a message from Ebay saying that the seller was selling counterfeit Sandisk cards. Hopefully I can get my $70 back. lol

Well if ebay knows about it, hopefully they are working on getting the seller to refund everyone. If not, you can contact PayPal and do a dispute, however it takes forever to make a dispute through paypal. Also, if neither of those work, contact your credit card company, and cancel the payment through them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones