• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unable to reach Google

wantsmore

May 24, 2013
Twice I attempted to make a voice request for a stock quote on my HTC One x+. Each time, the screen said "unable to reach Google." However, I made the same request on my Motorola Xoom and both times I got an immediate female voice giving me exactly what I asked for. What is missing?

I too, am unable to use the voice google OR google app on my phone. Frustrating to have to open a browser to go to google when the app is right there on the screen.
You had to go through HTC themselves to fix the issue? How/where did you enter your password? My error message just blinks before taking me back to the app page. No time/place to enter/update a password.

J

Upvote 0
I too, am unable to use the voice google OR google app on my phone. Frustrating to have to open a browser to go to google when the app is right there on the screen.
You had to go through HTC themselves to fix the issue? How/where did you enter your password? My error message just blinks before taking me back to the app page. No time/place to enter/update a password.

J
Sorry, but it was such a long time ago that I can't remember any of the details of how it was solved.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones