Unable to reach reboot screen holding power x

Last Updated:

1. Jareris

Jareris Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm currently running the Kangerade Froyo ROM v4.0.7. I am unable to reboot into recovery. I hold power and X and nothing. The motorola symbol just stayes there. Any ideas what is going on? I'm wanting to load the BB v4 as i'm having some issues with my current ROM. Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: Nevermind, I was able to figure it out.

Advertisement
  2. mobrienjr

mobrienjr Well-Known Member

what did you do? When I first came into this issue I had to flash clockwork mod again and everything has worked good since then.

3. jwade39227

jwade39227 Member

I seem to be having the same problem. I can't get in to clockwork recovery at all. When I try it just goes to the m screen and stays there. It will not load anymore. I have to go to the power up on dpad screen and then back out of there and then go through the whole boot process again. Any thoughts?

4. mobrienjr

mobrienjr Well-Known Member

Have you tried uninstalling ROM manager, then downloading it again. Like I said before I had that same issue, but I had to re-flash the clockwork and I got it working. Sounds like it is the same issue.

Also, have you tried the newest kangerade...I am loving mine so far. I have gotten 15 hours so far on a single charge w/ pandora running for an hour with the screen on, and playing homerunbattle for about an hour.

5. jwade39227

jwade39227 Member

Tried reflashing clockwork and still nothing): I guess I will start over when I get out of work tonight! Another wasted friday night over something so stupid.

6. joejmcnulty

joejmcnulty New Member

This post is in another thread. I am having the same problems and about to try this fix.

I am interested to see if this fixes any of our problems.

(UPDATE) After running this script, my recover is fixed and I can use X on reboot to do what I need to. Also, FWIW, I tried uninstalling ROM manager and reinstalling, and flashing other recoveries. The uninstall and reinstall of Rom manager didnt work, and, Of course, you cant flash another recovery because on reboot it just hangs on the Motorola logo.

Running this script worked though.

7. meach5150

meach5150 Active Member

I've had this happen to me before. I went into ROM Manager, flashed "Alternate Recovery" (SPRecovery) then flashed back over to ClockworkMod Recovery. Worked like a charm for me.