• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unable to Recovery to Stock ROM.

RonnieMatson

May 27, 2015
Hi there,

I'd summarize my problem by saying i uninstalled two important apps from the LG L70 (metroPCS) and they were LGMessage.apk and LGTeleService.apk causing my phone to stop functioning.

i've followed the steps to unroot the device but unfortunately i haven't been able to and going into 'download' or 'fastboot' as it will read my B76 ROOTED.

Another step i've done is Hard reset & attempting to update via LG Flash Tool to no avil (Hard reset does nothing and the flash tool keeps saying it can't read my phone while trying to run the setting analysis program - While it clearly shows up on my windows PC list of connected devices.)

Last but not last, i did a firmware update from MS32310b to MS32310c, but that did nothing either.

if anyone could please help me, i'd greatly appreciate your support.
I'm to my witts end.

- Ron

Last edited:
Perfect timing, eh? I just made a video on restoring to stock.

Follow Part 1 if you haven't installed ADB and Fastboot or LG Drivers. These are required to do anything for this device via PC. (Including Flash Tool)

http://androidforums.com/threads/lg-l70-tips-and-tricks-video-guides.920174/

Part 6 is restoring. You can skip a little ahead to just goto restoring, since it shows how to restore download mode.

Upvote 0

Follow Part 1 if you haven't installed ADB and Fastboot or LG Drivers. These are required to do anything for this device via PC. (Including Flash Tool)

Part 6 is restoring. You can skip a little ahead to just goto restoring, since it shows how to restore download mode.

For the most part i was able to root, and also install the things from the first video.
But the problem is that i cannot seem to get fastboot running (and when doing Download Mode all i see is "B76 ROOTED" and above it, i read "Firmware update."

Another thing i noticed is that i can't seem to get past that :/ I'm probably going to buy a new phone, but i'd still like to do everything i can for now.

Upvote 0
For the most part i was able to root, and also install the things from the first video.
But the problem is that i cannot seem to get fastboot running (and when doing Download Mode all i see is "B76 ROOTED" and above it, i read "Firmware update."

Another thing i noticed is that i can't seem to get past that :/ I'm probably going to buy a new phone, but i'd still like to do everything i can for now.
B76 Rooted just means that you're rooted. You're going to be able to get through. You have the drivers installed?

Upvote 0

B76 Rooted just means that you're rooted. You're going to be able to get through. You have the drivers installed?

Yes, i installed te drivers from the first and sixth videos.

Upvote 0
Yes, i installed te drivers from the first and sixth videos.

So i did something with fastboot and it reads:

[800] Fastboot_int()
[800] Error: allocating memory for ssd buffer
[830] USB init ept 0 0x7ab1000
[850] udc_start()
[950] -- reset --
[950] -- portchange --
[1140] STALL GET_DESCRIPTOR 128 6 1006 0 18
[3240] fastboot: processing commands

can't seem to move past that.

Upvote 0
So i did something with fastboot and it reads:

[800] Fastboot_int()
[800] Error: allocating memory for ssd buffer
[830] USB init ept 0 0x7ab1000
[850] udc_start()
[950] -- reset --
[950] -- portchange --
[1140] STALL GET_DESCRIPTOR 128 6 1006 0 18
[3240] fastboot: processing commands

can't seem to move past that.
now were getting on track here

INSTALL THE ADB AND FASTBOOT + LG DRIVERS:

then do shift+left click in the folder which you have your recovery and open command prompt here

fastboot flash recovery (recoveryname, i recommed twrp)

fastboot boot (recoveryname.img)

now you can flash a ROM. if you really want to go back to stock then flash a random rom then do part 6 of my video.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
now were getting on track here

INSTALL THE ADB AND FASTBOOT + LG DRIVERS:

then do shift+left click in the folder which you have your recovery and open command prompt here

fastboot flash recovery (recoveryname, i recommed twrp)

fastboot boot (recoveryname.img)

now you can flash a ROM. if you really want to go back to stock then flash a random rom then do part 6 of my video.

Reads <Waiting for device> but no response.

Upvote 0
Hm, reconnect device and try again?

Try: Fastboot devices

if shows nothing that means fastboot is not detected. either you don't have the drivers installed or restart your pc. (Sometimes it takes a restart for drivers to kick in)

I'll give it a try tomorrow, going to sleep man.
Hoping this verizon moto e is worth the price i just paid for.

As soon as i fix this phone, i'm returning the moto e

Reactions: LitrosNub
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones