• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Unable to reroot after installing Cyanogenmod 12.

Nagrom

Android Expert
May 28, 2010
Cheshire UK
Hi Guys.

Okay so after alot of help from Dynomot, I've got my device rooted, custom recovery installed. Along with Lollipop.

I took the plunge last night, and installed Cyanogenmod 12. Yes I know it's at nightly only stage at the moment, and to be installed only at owners risk. I've been a huge fan of Cyanogen since my early first generation HTC Desire days.

However.....

I am now unable to reroot using CF Autoroot. As used to first root my device.

Could this be down to the fact that CM12 is Android 5.0.2?

If so, what method do I need to reroot my Note?

Thanks in advance.
Andy

Never had a problem with Cyanogenmod unrooting a phone before. Used it on both my G1 HTC Desire, and my Galaxy S2, with no problems.

I did find it weird. I ran the normal rooting file through Odin, and it said it passed, but all it did was restore the stock recovery.

I reinstalled TWRP, after with no issues.

Got a backup of the Polish Rom made in TWRP, so I may go back to that.

I'm torn.

I love the aesthetics of Cyanogenmod, but some of the stock Sammy features are obviously missing. Ones that I like.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones