unable to scan wifi networksSupport

Last Updated:

1. simulator

simulator Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Others have had this issue on other Samsungs. It happened to me last night on the Captivate. I tried battery pulls, deleting the wifi nets, etc., but it still kept turning wifi off within a minute of turning it on. I did a factory reset (I'm getting better at this process -- can restore my device back to its former glory within an hour :() but its still a massive pain in the ass.

Anyhow, just in case you experience this, it clearly is not a hardware issue.

Advertisement
  2. DioNYc777

DioNYc777 New Member

I have the same issue

3. msauerman

msauerman New Member

I had this issue as well and did the factory reset per user suggestions - it worked. Does anyone know if this is just a temporary glitch? There's very little info on the interwebs about it but the majority opinion is that it is not a hardware issue like simulator said. I'm sorta paranoid about connecting to a wifi network now as I don't want to have to set everything up and re-load all of my apps again. I posted the same info on AT&T's forum just to see if anyone over there had experience with it.

4. Stacilee

Stacilee New Member

I don't think it's usually a hardware issue. I've seen reports all over the web with a variety of hardware brands.