Unable to select in recovery mode

Last Updated:

1. luv2skyski

luv2skyski Member

Trying to restore my Fascinate to factory. When powered up it goes right into recovery mode and the selection is stuck on "reboot system now". I cannot move the selection up or down with the volume keys. The power button does nothing. The only key that does anything is the home key (when pressed it shows the little green guy and a triangle with and exclamation point). Then when you hit the home key again it goes back to recovery mode. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely, Dave.

Advertisement
  2. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

Is this the Telus Fascinate or the Verizon Fascinate? Also, can you get the device to boot into download/odin mode?
  3. luv2skyski

luv2skyski Member

It's a verizon and I can get into the downloading screen by having the usb plugged in and then installing the battery. Of course it gets stuck on android digging in the triangle at that point. Thanks, Dave.
  4. jhawkkw

Alright, I've moved this to the Verizon Fascinate Forum. Getting stuck on the android digging is ok, because that means it's waiting for instructions from a computer program called Odin. Were you originally on a custom rom, or stock rom? Also were you oringinally rooted?
  5. luv2skyski

luv2skyski Member

The phone is original from verizon. thanks, Dave.
  6. jhawkkw

7. luv2skyski

luv2skyski Member

Thank-you JHawk! That worked perfectly. Sincerely, Dave.