Unable to send contacts through SMS?Support

Last Updated:

1. AK47

AK47 Member This Topic's Starter

I just got the phone yesterday, and realized I can send contacts via SMS! I was using the hero before and you could easily do it via vcard.

For example, I want to send Mr Jones a contact number of a client, I can easily SMS him through contacts the client's contact numbers(emails and whatnots).

However, this feature seems lacking on the Milestone. You can attach just about everything else except a person's contacts!

Did I overlook something here? Or it just doesn't come with it?

Advertisement
  2. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

I tried the same thing on my Eris..i assumed the reader couldn't see the vCard on her phone, but it turns out she never even got it. Are you trying it via Messages or HandcentSMS?

3. AK47

AK47 Member This Topic's Starter

Actually, I can't even find the option to send a vcard, thats what I really meant. I had that option when I had my Hero.

As for the issue of not being able to recieve it, I've experienced that on my HTC Hero. I think its really an Android issue.

4. MountainDrew

MountainDrew Member

Open a contact, hit menu, hit share. That will compose an SMS with .vcf file attached. I haven't tried it, but that's how it is supposed to work.

5. fatflatfly

fatflatfly Active Member

I tried this but only allows to send by email, i just edit contact then copy paste into sms