Unable to Send Email on Droid XSupport

Last Updated:

1. Boss-Hog

Boss-Hog Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

My issue is that I am unable to send mail using an email account on my web domain - I get a generic message that states something similar to the email is unable to be sent. I was previously able to email on my old Blackberry using the same account, so I would think it'd be possible on the Droid X. I have tried all ports I saw suggested in the forums on my web host's site but none of the three I tried work for me. I am able to receive mail without any problems and my web host confirmed the below settings should be correct. I know for certain that the user name requires the full email address, rather than just the user name portion. Please see below and let me know what I need to change to get this working. Thanks in advance for your help.

SMTP server: mail.redszone.com
    Port: 25
    Username: (myemaillogin)@redszone.com
    Password: (my email password)
    Use secure connection: unchecked
    Verify certificate: unchecked

Advertisement
  2. pattherat

pattherat Well-Known Member

In my experience mail.xxxx.com is always the incoming server and outgoing server is something like smtp.xxxx.com, smtpout.xxxx.com or smtpauth.xxxx.com.

3. pattherat

pattherat Well-Known Member

Did a little snooping...it looks like your domain is registered through godaddy. If its also hosted with them then your SMTP server should be:
    SMTP server:
    Smtpout.secureserver.net
    Port:
    Username:
    (myemaillogin)@redszone.com

Atleast thats the way mine is.