• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "Unable to send mail. The account setting is incorrect (Yahoo)."

ahpook

May 10, 2010
Never had problem before, and not sure what happened. Today, I tried to send a phone pic via email, and came up with this error message on Notification Panel:

"Unable to send mail."

"The account setting is incorrect (Yahoo)."

I press on the actual Notification, and it automatically prompts me to change account settings.

Edit Account
myname@yahoo.com

Hit Next.

Incoming Settings
Protocol > IMAP
Email address > myname@yahoo.com
Password > *******
IMAP server > android.imap.mail.yahoo.com
Security type > SSL
Server Port > 993

Above is my current settings, but I did not change anything.

I re-entered my yahoo password to see if that's problem, and now get a warning message saying, "Authentication failed. Please verify username/password" but that's my correct username and password for Yahoo.

Any idea how I can fix?

Thanks!

Never had problem before, and not sure what happened. Today, I tried to send a phone pic via email, and came up with this error message on Notification Panel:

"Unable to send mail."

"The account setting is incorrect (Yahoo)."

I press on the actual Notification, and it automatically prompts me to change account settings.

Edit Account
myname@yahoo.com

Hit Next.

Incoming Settings
Protocol > IMAP
Email address > myname@yahoo.com
Password > *******
IMAP server > android.imap.mail.yahoo.com
Security type > SSL
Server Port > 993

Above is my current settings, but I did not change anything.

I re-entered my yahoo password to see if that's problem, and now get a warning message saying, "Authentication failed. Please verify username/password" but that's my correct username and password for Yahoo.

Any idea how I can fix?

Thanks!

Just found out what it was, take the android out of the outgoing server
IMAP server > imap.mail.yahoo.com

We must of did an update that changed the settings??

Reactions: ahpook
Upvote 0
Thanks for help, DHall15! Btw, how did get to outgoing email settings? My login doesn't even recognize me now with auto prompt that takes me to incoming settings, so I just get stuck at this point. But I haven't really played with yet, so guessing somewhere in settings?

Spoke to Verizon CSR Tech, and stated not certain but it was probably a Yahoo issue and they made changes to server on their end. Sounds right, I'm still able to send outgoing email on my Gmail account, just not my Yahoo (so at least I know it's just my Yahoo settings screwy). Stated they do have similar issues with BB and Hotmail updating servers, and sometimes people do fall off map with their email. Not sure if it was some app I downloaded. Honestly, can't imagine what it was with my recent updates and my uneducated guess is it probably was a Yahoo thing.

He did want me to do a factory reset. Now that's a full proof way of fixing problem, but inconvenient since personally I need to make sure I'm backed up. Gonna play with this later.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones