• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unable to send MMS (picture) messages

Nov 28, 2011
I've looked all over the place and can't find a solution to my particular problem. If you have a link to another thread that solves it, then awesome. Any and all advice is appreciated.

I am currently unable to send MMS (picture) messages from my Precedent. The phone is rooted (stock rooted). I'm using Handcent. The stock messaging app is long gone. Handcent has worked well for me in the past, but suddenly I am unable to send pictures, and I don't recall making any recent changes to the phone. I've seen other threads (for other phones) that talk about making sure APN names match, and such, but I don't believe that option is available on the Precedent. Help me out. Where do I go from here? Where do I even start? Thanks.

I purchased my Precedent at the beginning of summer and was not able to send/receive pictues with text. I spent 3 hours with tech support and finally was able to do it. A few hours later I was not able to do it again. Long story short, I did not realize the wifi or 3g had to be activated in order to send or receive pictures! I hope this solves it with you. (First time I have had an android phone.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones