Unable to send new email from HTCSupport

Last Updated:

1. rickp

rickp New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I recently received my new HTC Incredible and connected to my exchange account. Everything thing seemed fine until people told me they had not received my emails. I checked and the emails were in my sent folder and appeared to have been sent.

Looking into this further I was able to narrow the problem down to only NEW emails to an outside email address are not received. Any email that I reply to and any new email to someone on the same exchange server are received fine. Just new emails to an out side address are never received but are happily sitting in the sent folder.

I deleted the exchange account from the phone and set it up again and had the same results. Pulled the battery, etc. I then setup my account on an HTC Hero and got the exact same results. As a side note the same setup on an iphone works fine.

Searching around I think I may have narrowed the problem down to a pin issue between the HTC mail client and the Exchange Server but am not sure. Has anyone else had this issue??

Thanks!
    Rick

Advertisement
  2. Smartphone

Smartphone Well-Known Member

Rick,

I also use Exchange / HTC Mail. I have had a few problems that have been fixed by removing and readding my exhange account which you have already done. Based on my experience, you problem acutally sounds like it maybe a problem with settings on your Exchange server. Your PIN suggestion also could be the cause. Good luck in discovering it and please report back once you find the solution.

3. rickp

rickp New Member This Topic's Starter

I installed the touchdown mail app and it works fine. Not exactly the solution I was looking. Are there any other exchange mail apps that are free? I also have someone who is connecting using the Samsung Moment with no issues. So I guess it's just the HTC mail app.....