Unable to send text messages.General

1. ghostwriter

ghostwriter Member

My battery was giving me around six hours of life despite anything I did, so I decided to try to perform a factory reset and see if that helped anything. Well, I did the factory reset and the phone is back up and running (battery still sucks, though) but I can't seem to send any text messages.

When I try to send one, I get this error message:

SMS Error
    Radio Interface Resource Shortage

OK | Details

When I click Details, I see this:

SMS Error
    Cause Code: 64
    Error Class: 2

Any idea why this is happening?

Advertisement
    :
  2. ghostwriter

ghostwriter Member

Nevermind, I got it fixed. Verizon had to make some changes in my account and now it works.
  3. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

glad you got it working
  4. psaulnier27

psaulnier27 New Member

what did you do? i have the same problem and cant solve it
  5. superchaos

superchaos Well-Known Member

have you tried reprogramming on the verizon network? *228 option 1
  6. psaulnier27

psaulnier27 New Member

yes i tried that a lot, i had to call customer service and then end up getting tansfered to some guy who knew a heck of a lot about the droid eris, he had to tap into my account and have me do a few things then he had to send me a download, took about 25 minutes.
  7. zampy1391

zampy1391 New Member

Earlier I tried to send a text and i got the same SMS Error Radio Interface Resource Shortage message the OP got. When i pressed Details it game me the message..
    SMS Error
    Cause Code: 64
    Error Class: 2

What can I do to fix this? I was texting fine earlier, then it randomly stopped working.
    ja21961 likes this.
  8. skybax22

skybax22 Member

The exact same thing is happening to me right now. I have tried reprogramming a million and one times, tried another factory reset, placed two calls to Verizon, etc. I just want my phone to be able to be able to send and receive texts and send and receive calls again, is that too much to ask?
  9. Call #8899. It shouldn't be more than a minute after you verify your information.
  10. skybax22

skybax22 Member

This brings me to the same menu as *611. They are the people I have talked to twice already to no avail.
  11. I had this problem this afternoon. It was fixed. Not sure what's going wrong if that isn't working.

Tell them you did a hard reset and you got a radio error message.
  12. skybax22

skybax22 Member

Okay, called back, she had me reset and reprogram a few times, finally she did something and the reprogramming screen had an extra line that said "SSD Update Successful." Phone works perfectly now.
  13. Good. I didn't have to go through that much, she just told me to reset the phone and all should work. Since I'm a rebel, I didn't and it still worked. I restarted anyways just to make sure. All was good.

I heard someone say they had to download something. Dunno wtf they're making people do when it sounded like she just did something on the computer.
  14. skybax22

skybax22 Member

Today when I call my voicemail I get a busy signal...
  15. ndjohn45

ndjohn45 New Member

Spent nearly an hour on the phone with Verizon tech support; rebooted, did *228, and eventually had to wipe the entire phone, download a new version, re-enter all the email information, etc. Very nice guy named Steve at VTS, but he had never heard of the problem before.

John