Unable to send text warning persists despite text being sentSupport

Last Updated:

1. Langkawi

Langkawi Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

My HTC Desire was running well but I've developed a really irritating issue which seems to have started since the Froyo update (O2).

Quite often when I send text/sms messages I get the Unable To Send error warning in the top left of the main screen. At first I was hitting the Resend option all the time but it keeps coming back and I noticed that if I check my text messages All Messages box then the message has actually been sent, yet the Unable to Send message persists until I use the Clear option.

Has anyone else noticed the same thing?

Is it Froyo related?

And is there anything I can do about it as it's driving me up the wall?

Cheers,
    Alan

Advertisement
  2. jim_h

jim_h Well-Known Member

Yeah, me too. I also have the frequent annoyance of having the unable to send notification, with a number of retries, and then messages from people asking me why I've sent them the same SMS five times. It drives me mad.

I have had the same problem with both Chomp and Handcent, although Handcent seems slightly better.

Langkawi likes this.
  3. StevenSeed

StevenSeed Well-Known Member

This keeps happening to me, and has happened throughout 2.1 and 2.2, with both Handcent and the stock SMS application. The "unable to send" message appears, so I hit "resend" until it goes, then I get complaints from people that I send messages to them 4 or 5 times!

Langkawi likes this.
  4. dervturbo

dervturbo Member

The resend is like the "Send Again" feature in e-mail.. you are actually sending the message again rather than, "Retry Send". The phone will automatically retry the message until it sends so you can just leave it.

I have had a few messages lately failing to send. If you bring up the notification window and click on the failure message it will likely tell you it cannot open the message while it is sending.. so you can tell it's already trying to resend. After a few seconds (assuming you have signal) the notification will disappear.

Langkawi likes this.
  5. Langkawi

Langkawi Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks guys,

But as per the feedback that if you have a good signal the warning goes away, sorry but that's not the case. The warning persists long after the sms is sent.

Is there anything that can be done?

Is there such a thing as firmware reset or factory reset on these handsets as I think this is a bug introduced as it didn't do it when I first got my HTC?

Cheers,
    Alan