Unable to setup account on coby kyros 7024Support

1. c_nic

c_nic New Member

I know it sounds dumb that I am unable to set up this account. I hope that is actually the case so it is nothing complicated. In either trying to setup my calendar or an account through settings, I recieve the error "unable to open connection to server". On the COBY website it says:

The error message that you are receiving means that the unit cannot connect to the internet. Please check your internet setting (SSID and Encryption Key.)

If you have not created your router SSID and Encryption Key, then contact your ISP (online provider).

Any help or ideas would be most appreciated.

Advertisement
    :
  2. AmishFury

AmishFury Well-Known Member

if wifi turned on? is it connected?

as for calendar this tablet won't do jack with the calendar out of the box... in fact i can't remember if i even found instructions that get it working and just never bothered with them or what

but as it is the existence of the calendar app but no way to get it to sync with google calendar is just a big "screw you" to the customers
    c_nic likes this.
  3. I was also unable to open calendar, so I found a different one. It seems to only work with an exchange service.
  4. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Well-Known Member

There's instructions on the net to get Market, Calendar and Gmail on the 7024 w/o rooting. I have them working on mine. I can't answer about the calendar sync, since I don't use it, but if Gmail works, I should think sync would. Google for Android Market on Coby 7024. Or visit Android Tablet Forum

The tablet made some kind of noise at me this AM, and there was a message on GMail.