1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Unable to stop SMS notifications

Last Updated:

1. sallyvs19

sallyvs19 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone.

I know enough typing has been done about how to disable double notifications from the default messaging app when you install another one and i apologize for being repetitive but i have been looking for days and i am unable to do so in my phone. I recently got a Samsung Behold 2 for T-Mobile, it runs on Android 1.5 and it is my first android phone.

I downloaded Handcent which i love and is way better than the default sms app but i keep getting double notifications everytime i get a new message and it is soo anoying. I have tryed the steps from other posts to resolve the issue but i am unable to stop it. I go to the default sms app on my samsung but there is no option to stop notifications. When i click menu and then settings i get a couple options like Text Message, Picture Message, Voice Mail etc. When i go to Text Message the only thing there is Sending options and Text Message center and that is it. No notifications or anything like it.

I will really appreciate any help on this.

Thank you.

Advertisement
  2. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

In the stock messaging app hit menu and settings. Do you not have an option there for notification? (might have to scroll down the screen to see it)

3. KlaymenDK

KlaymenDK Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum! :D

Each app does its own notifications, so as Howie says you need to disable something in the stock messaging app:

Select "Home->Messaging->Menu->Settings", then disable everything except "Auto retrieve" and possibly also "Roaming auto-retrieve" which you will want to leave on.