• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unable to stop SMS notifications

D

Deleted User

Hello everyone.

I know enough typing has been done about how to disable double notifications from the default messaging app when you install another one and i apologize for being repetitive but i have been looking for days and i am unable to do so in my phone. I recently got a Samsung Behold 2 for T-Mobile, it runs on Android 1.5 and it is my first android phone.

I downloaded Handcent which i love and is way better than the default sms app but i keep getting double notifications everytime i get a new message and it is soo anoying. I have tryed the steps from other posts to resolve the issue but i am unable to stop it. I go to the default sms app on my samsung but there is no option to stop notifications. When i click menu and then settings i get a couple options like Text Message, Picture Message, Voice Mail etc. When i go to Text Message the only thing there is Sending options and Text Message center and that is it. No notifications or anything like it.

I will really appreciate any help on this.

Thank you.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones