Unable to Synchronize Google Account in X10 Plz HelpGeneral

Last Updated:

1. uday0601

uday0601 New Member This Topic's Starter

I was trying to setup google account by choosing "Data Synchronization-> Google Sync" It was asking my google account and I was signing in it says "This could be a temporary problem or your SIM card may not be provisioned for data services. Please try again when you are connected. It it continues, call Customer Care."

In my mobile Airtel Live is active.

I tried contacting Airtel Customer Care. They say that "this connectivity problem is with you phone , Please contact Sony Ericson Xperia X10, customer care.

I tried "Sony Ericson Experia Customer Care..... No Use.

Finally I came here... in this forum.. hope some one will hellp me on this.

Plz do the needful.

I'm tired of doing this and I'm frustated of not using any useful application by having this costly xperia in my hand.

Plz help me..

Rgds
    Uday

Advertisement
  2. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

when you first setup your phone, and tried to access the Market, it should have prompted you for your email account, did you use Gmail for that? Is your Gmail account active, meaning have you tried to access it via the internet to ensure your name and PW are correct. If they are correct, go into the email app on your phone, and setup your Gmail account. Once it is setup and working properly, you 98% done. Now go into the sync area and it should be working properly as you tell it what you want to do.

Good Luck!

3. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

I don't know the answer but just a couple of thoughts, have you tried using the sync over wifi rather than 3g if you have access to see if that works.

Also some things seem to be location sensitive so I am wondering if its something that is not available in your area. I can remember seeing something about changing your location in google online to cheat the system but I think you may need to have a bit of a google search on that as I didn't really take in all the details.

4. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member

+1. If you don't have a data plan of sorts then that's the problem, or you've not set up your phone properly with the right settings for MMS & Data.

5. skimminstones

skimminstones Well-Known Member

Just a thought but you have got google sync selected within the data sync setting menu havent you? and a tick next to google mail within the same menu?

6. ChudleyOne

ChudleyOne Well-Known Member

I got a similar error after rooting the phone & trying to get my contacts back via Google Sync. I had fix it in Settings -> Mobile Network Settings. I had to tell my phone which AT&T network to setup the SIM card on to get it working again in a setting called "Network Operators". Have you tried the "Auto Internet Settings" option to get MMS & data corrected?

7. the departed

the departed New Member

hey guys i m facing the EXACT same issue....with GOOGLE SYNC...everytime i try it comes up wid..."This could be a temporary problem or your SIM card may not be provisioned for data services. Please try again when you are connected. It it continues, call Customer Care."....

THINGS THAT I'VE TRIED

i've checked d GOOGLE SYNC field in d settings option..
    i have an active google account..
    i have GPRS active on my fone...
    ive tried couple of other sim cards in my fone...still d problem persists..
    tried to sync it in Wi Fi presence..still didnt sync...

i m growing sick n tired of this fone...

P.S. : the fone version is 1.6 .....i cnt update it widout syncronizing it wid google...need help asap...