Unable to turn off haptic feedback galaxy s3 4.1.2Support

1. Starsailor08

Starsailor08 Member

Hi
    I upgraded my S3 i9300 recently to the official 4.1.2 rom. All went smoothly however there is one problem i can't seem to fix. I cannot turn off the haptic feedback on the keyboard. I have disabled the setting and reduced haptic vibration to 0 but it still won't turn off.
    All keyboard touches result in a small vibration regardless of what keyboard im using.
    Would anyone have any ideas how to sort this problem out. Its doing my head in. All other functions are working perfectly.
    Thanks in advance.

Samsung galaxy s3 i9300 running 4.1.2.

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Are you sure? I thought 4.1.2 was a leak only. Link please?
  3. sherlock5545

sherlock5545 Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's still a leak, as far as I know. It might have many bugs.
  4. XplosiV

XplosiV Master X is Watching You VIP Member

What keyboard are you using?

Maybe look to see if the keyboard is listed under the "auto haptic" list in Settings > sound > auto haptic
    funkylogik likes this.
  5. Starsailor08

Starsailor08 Member

It is a leak but other than this problem everything is working perfectly.
    I sorted it out by reinstalling the rom 4.1.2.
    Strange little bug
    Thx
    Stephen
  6. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Yeah its just you said official which confused things so had to make sure we were talking about the same thing.
  7. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Edit: my idea already suggested.
  8. Canadian_Chick

Canadian_Chick New Member

My smasung S3 updated today to the 4.1.2 and i had the same issue with the keyboard. Not sure what the official fix is yet, but i simply went to settings > Sound > Vibration Intensity, and just turned down the vibration on this.
  9. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

Theres maybe a setting in the keyboard app?
    Myself, i love haptic! I can now (after a couple of years of touchscreens) type with two thumbs without looking :) without haptic, my thumbs would be dumb