• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unable to update firmware of galaxy mini

the newbie

Lurker
May 20, 2011
Hello

I am new user in this forum. I need your help.

I have samsung galaxy mini GT S 5570, mobile phone, and have the latest version of samsung kies 2.0 software.

When I connect the device to computer the Kies showed a message that this device firmware can not be updated.

Current Firmware version: PDA:KA3/PHONE: KA2/CSC:KA3

Please help me what should I do?
I will be grateful to you if you help me.
Thanks in advance
Kind regards

I haven't tried this method i think i will give it a shot, though, however guys the reason why your phone isn't upgrading is most likely because you have a branded phone.

Kies will most likely only update unbranded firmwares, you must wait untill your phone network release there branded version of the update (A bloated modded firmware with useless apps and links)

Or News - www.SamFirmware.com to flash it your self, i did it this way because i had a branded vodafone mini.

I will later downgrade back to froyo unbranded then try to update officially using kies

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones