Root Unable To Update LG MS690 .

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RomiBabyy, Jun 19, 2011.

1. RomiBabyy

RomiBabyy Member

Dec 8, 2010
    I had temporarily rooted my phone before with z4root and i just recently reset it to system default.. (home button + power button + volume down key on start up) i wanted to let it update to 2.2.1 using the LG Updater (SN: I Updated it to 2.2.1 before but downgraded it using someones thread on here) but now i want it to update but while going through the process, after the first step, i get a "fatal error" and it wont update.. has this happened to anyone?

[​IMG]

Advertisement

2. thunderkiss65

thunderkiss65 Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2011
    Herbicide Applicator licensed under texas departme
    Arlington Texas
    Yes happened to me you have lost custom recovery, get recovery installed then flash a rom. updater would not work for me People say server is down . But anyways i installed recovery then flashed to 2.2.1 sense rom way back.

3. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Well-Known Member

The LG Update server has been offline for a few weeks. Even people still on stock haven't been able to connect. I'm hoping it has something to do with the fact that 2.3.3 is being worked on (XDA got a beta leak) even though it's a long shot.

Did you try both the Update and Recovery Phone options?

4. RomiBabyy

RomiBabyy Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Well actually i was able to get my phone back to stock 2.2.1 By using the LGNPST Method .

Tags: