Unable to update to 1.6?General

1. Dheano

Dheano Member

Hi, I'm unsure on whether this has been posted before or not, but my search results are currently blank.

Basically, I am currently on Android 1.5 on my G1. I have since had my phone unlocked and instead of using T-Mobile, I am using O2.

There seems to be some kind of flagging which unables me to update to Android 1.6 - my friend at school has the same phone but with 1.6 and he is under a T-Mobile contract.

So I was wondering if anyone had any solutions to helping me get Android 1.6 on my G1...

Advertisement
  2. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

Here is the link to download the update for manual install http://android.clients.google.com/updates/kila_eu/signed-kila_eu-DRC92-from-CRC37.a7b90b4e.zip
  3. Dheano

Dheano Member

Hi guys, thanks for the responses.

I just had a good idea, I don't see why it wouldn't work either and I won't need to do any work.

I could borrow a friend's T-Mobile sim card and use a Wi-Fi connection to check for updates and use the *#*#checkin#*#* method?

I'll try that and if it doesn't work, I will look into doing it manually...

Thanks guys!
  4. Dheano

Dheano Member

Hah, I couldn't be bothered with finding a T-Mobile sim and just did it manually. There are a few things I can't help but notice though, I no longer have YouTube... meh. I'm sure there's a workaround.

Thanks a lot :)
  5. shivers316

shivers316 Godmember VIP Member

No longer have YouTube? You should definitely still have it. Which file did you use?
  6. Fingerlickin

Fingerlickin Member

without root access there isn't any way to install youtube. If you had root access I could give you the apk for it but it won't install like a regular program. I would suggest rooting your phone and installing CM4.2.1 you can find a guide stickied in this forum.
  7. jacsonmoore3

jacsonmoore3 Member

look at finger giving his support............wazup dog
  8. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

Finger is in need of some loving.
  9. Fingerlickin

Fingerlickin Member

o_O close codani. you almost got the button on that one.
  10. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

I will tell everyone the gtalk smiley face story.
  11. Fingerlickin

Fingerlickin Member

Hahahahaha
    :):p:););p:-*