Unable to upgrade GT540Support

1. mayooresan

mayooresan Well-Known Member

I'm using LG OPTIMUS GT540 running Android 1.6. I bought this phone thinking that I can upgrade to Android 2.1 but when I tried the upgrade it is not happening.

I dont wanna try the unnofficial ways and void the warrenty :(

When I run the update program, it recognizes the phone and says update available. When the click start update it analyses my phone and then starts to download the package. Problem occures here. Download hangs at 0% and says "fail to get information necessary for LG cell phone S/W update." It even suggests me to check the internet connection. I'm posting here with same connection :D

Wot could be the problem?? one of my friends says LG has withdrawn 2.1 upgrade as of now for bug fixes. Is it true??

Can someone help me??

Advance New Year wishes :)

Advertisement
    :
  2. GenesisNemesis

GenesisNemesis Well-Known Member

Have you installed the drivers? The 2.1 upgrade was withdrawn for a period but, it is back with us now.
  3. Nirob

Nirob Well-Known Member

Which region are you in?
  4. mayooresan

Yep I have installed the drivers. S/W update tool recognizes the mobile correctly. I could access the mobile via USB port too. But this problem occures over and over again :((
  5. mayooresan

I'm trying from India. It is released here rite?? :confused:

when I was buying the phone the shop owner said upgrade available in INdia.
  6. Nirob

Nirob Well-Known Member

Mr User and mayooresan like this.
  7. spacem0rph

spacem0rph New Member

got the same prob mayooresan....and im in australia...do i have to do this the same way or do i need another ROM?
  8. Nirob

Nirob Well-Known Member

Which carrier are you in? And, are you unlocked?
  9. mayooresan

I'm still scared to do this savy way :p

i'm not alone in this world :)
  10. Nirob

Nirob Well-Known Member

@mayooresan, Many here did this way.... And the truth is, the official software bricks your phone(well, if you are lucky, it won't)... You can browse this forum and see for yourself...

@spacem0rph, you haven't replied yet... You need another ROM, an Australian ROM.. But, which carrier are you in?
    mayooresan likes this.
  11. mayooresan

Gonna try this way during this week end :) lets pray for me and my phone :p

Hope I'll have Android 2.1 during new year

Advance Happy New Year wishes brother. :)
  12. Nirob

Nirob Well-Known Member

Good luck! :D Happy New Year to you too... :)
  13. mayooresan

guys just another doubt

Mobile Phone Support

above mentioned link suggests that I need to remove my SD card while doing the software update. Is it true?? should I remove for GT540 too???
  14. Nirob

Nirob Well-Known Member

You don't need to do that for KDZ Updater...
    mayooresan likes this.
  15. Shiftymini

Shiftymini Member

Hi guys, I bought my optimus gt540 (unbranded from the carphone warehouse) but I have an o2 card installed, do I download the o2uk 2.1 V20A rom or the Carphone Warehouse (CPW) UK Open 2.1

cheers peeps
  16. Nirob

Nirob Well-Known Member

CPW UK Open... :D
  17. Shiftymini

Shiftymini Member

Thanks for the reply, tried that version and it would,nt load (i tried 3 times) so I bit the bullet and tried the o2 version --- BINGO it worked, lovin having live wallpapers now, still to discover what else it has to offer :D
  18. Nirob

Nirob Well-Known Member

More Apps! Try Google Goggles...
  19. alwayzdreamin

alwayzdreamin Member

How to Root a LG Optiums GT450 (pay as you go o2)?

I have a really cool android phone, LG OPTIUMS GT450. But, there doesnt seem to be an update for it (2.1 doesnt work, 2.2 froyo isnt an option.) how do you root (jailbreak) it? Is there an app to send applications to SD card on android 1.6, i heard there isnt and you HAVE TO ROOT IT. is this wrong? I also heard you can't root on O2 PAY AS YOU GO. HELP!!!! i have so many apps i wanna download, but i can't with no phone memo. I just want to be able to install you my sd. But have android 1.6,
  20. idhbar

idhbar Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I was LG GT540 optimus user. I upgraded it to 2.1 using Indian Lg server(Official Website). It takes total 1hr1min.No Problem to upgrade. Dont' forget to take out your SD card before upgradation,dont' disconnect anything.....Good Luck.
  21. hitman87

hitman87 Well-Known Member

i was not able to download..
  22. Mr User

Mr User Well-Known Member

guys im in US (san diego CA to be exact) i bought this phone via Amazon and it has no warranty so i guess i can do black market stuff here :)) I tried LG Mobile Support, downloaded drivers AND LG pc suite as it said, several times actually, but then after everthing's done it started analyzing for a while, then stuck at S/W something, then it says my phone has the latest software installed, then it says no phone connected (???) and the "Start Upgrade" button wont even work. I searched this up several times and encountered some peeps whose phones didnt work either, and some who even bricked their phone (O.O)

so im asking if theres a safe way to do this upgrade in US
  23. Mr User

Mr User Well-Known Member

if theres no really safe way then does the upgrade worth risking and the bricked phone fixable? i mean the phone goes well and ill survive without the live wallpapers, and i got this from my parents and i wont get another one for at least a couple of years from now so its like treasure to me :D

i think this thing came from Brazil or Portugal, 'cause the manual in the box says Portugues or something like that on the top.
  24. Nirob

Nirob Well-Known Member

The KDZ Updater doesn't brick the device if you do it correctly...
    Mr User likes this.