• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unable to upgrade GT540

oh ok thanks for the info. It think my phone came from Portugual or Brazil cos the box has a manual that says Portugues or something like it on top, so do i need Portuguese or Brazillian ROM? or can i just use normal English KDZ Updater? the guy said recommended to use Baltic ROM does it change the language in the phone or anything? and is there anyway to fix a bricked phone? just in case (the word brick scares me already :D)

Upvote 0
oh ok thanks for the info. It think my phone came from Portugual or Brazil cos the box has a manual that says Portugues or something like it on top, so do i need Portuguese or Brazillian ROM? or can i just use normal English KDZ Updater? the guy said recommended to use Baltic ROM does it change the language in the phone or anything? and is there anyway to fix a bricked phone? just in case (the word brick scares me already :D)

Yap, Baltic ROM is recommened for any unlocked GT540 but you can use any Open ROM also... :D

Use the KDZ English version, install Msxml Parser given inside... The Baltic has English... Your device shouldn't brick if you do it correctly.. Make sure everything you download is correctly downloaded & during the update panic if you want but don't touch your phone till you see ''====FINISHED===='' in KDZ Updater & Unlock screen after phone restarts.. lolz :D

Reactions: Mr User
Upvote 0
wow! Another neighbour! lolz Welcome! :)

follow the instruction here: [FAQ]GT540 Reference Thread ! - Android @ MoDaCo

Flash with this ROM, Official Indian Rom: http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/GT540/AINDBK/V20c_00/V20C_00.kdz

Don't worry, If you do it right nothing bad will happen... :D

I just tried this suggestion and it worked:):):):) the only problem now is that I'm from sweden and the ROM that I used didn't support swedish language......someone who knows which one i should trie????:D

Upvote 0
Well the Live Wallpapers were fun, and it supports HTML 5 so surfing the web would be a better experience. But i think the 2.1 actually slowed down my GT540, but i think ull do fine if u disable unnecessary running apps and free some RAMs
yeah u r right.. i freed up the RAM by disabling some apps.. but i liked the looks bcoz of live wallpapers..

Upvote 0
i rooted my phone using z4root.. thanks..
after rooting, i installed app2sd.. it showed 'finished' and then i restarted my phone as i was asked to do..
But i cant see app2sd in applications..
please help me.. if possible give me step-by-step procedure.. i m new to android thing..
i will be grateful to you..

You won't see Apps2SD in the App Drawer... If it was successful, you should see a option 'Apps2SD' in Settings>Applications..

Upvote 0
The first time i upgraded my GT540 i used the ROM: Baltic V20D released

but since you couldn't choose swedish language i did it once more but this time i used Europe Open 2.1

Everything worked fine until i started the phone..... Now a screen pops up periodically with the text:
"The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."
:eek:
I hope that someone could help me and solve this problem so that i can get swedish language and everything back to normal...

I would appreciate your help.:):):)

Upvote 0
oops, sorry! It won't show... I messed up with 2.2 :D

First check your Phone Memory (Settings>SD Card & Phone Storage & see the Available memory of Internal Phone Storage..) Now, install an app & see the phone storage again... It won't change or change a little...
before installing multiple apps the phone memory was: 104MB
now after installing the apps, the phone memory is: 103MB

Upvote 0
Nice! It's working :D
thanks.. it was working fine..
but now new error is creeping.. i had installed AVG droid security and WeatherBug from Market.. but now whenever i boot my phone. there's two errors popping:
1) process AVG failed the only option is 'force close'
2) process WeatherBug failed the only option is 'force close'
what should i do?? also i m unable to connect/disconnect mobile network..
PLS HELP...

Upvote 0
thanks.. it was working fine..
but now new error is creeping.. i had installed AVG droid security and WeatherBug from Market.. but now whenever i boot my phone. there's two errors popping:
1) process AVG failed the only option is 'force close'
2) process WeatherBug failed the only option is 'force close'
what should i do?? also i m unable to connect/disconnect mobile network..
PLS HELP...

Uninstall 'em... You don't need an AV as Android doesn't have viruses... & the latest version of Weatherbug crashes, try Googling for an older version... :D

And, please don't make multi-posts...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones