Unable to use some Programs...???

Last Updated:

1. jflexe99

jflexe99 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Alright, so I never had any problems before when I first rooted. But now I can't access some games, setcpu, one click lag fix, titanium backup(which I WANT to...so I have an extra backup) and a few other programs.

It is always superuser giving this Sorry! Message:

The application Superuser Permissions (process com.noshufou.android.su) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
    dumpstate_ap_201009200943-com_noshufou_android_su.log has been saved. Use *#9900# to copy log out.

Force Close

What do I have to do to fix this? It keeps happening and I can't do what I want on my phone. Do I need to install a program to fix it? Or do the odin rom load to stock and reroot it?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Rhiannon224

Rhiannon224 Well-Known Member

Download ROM Manager from the market, get the donated version, it is well worth it, the application has an option called fix permissions, this will fix your problem.

3. jflexe99

Thanks for the advice, but didn't work. Comes up with the Superuser Persmissions error....

Wow...this is so god damn annoying!!!

4. jflexe99

I think I am going to have to undo lagfix...oh wait I can't...superuser permissions won't allow me to...

So will I be able to flash back to stock rom without undoing OCLF?

5. Droiduser162

Droiduser162 New Member

I am having the same problem. Can't use the Rom Manager at all due to the foreclose with the superuser. it's driving me nuts. I tried almost everything that I know. The other thing is that my screen does not lock which means a lot unnecessary pocket dials. My home and search buttons don't work anymore either. They still vibrate when pressed but nothing else happens. Any luck with yours? Oh yeah is your superuser icon the little ninja with a rifle? It all seems to be stemming from that, which I cannot uninstall.
    Thanks

6. nanujra

nanujra New Member

I'm being plagued by exactly the same problem. Any program requiring super user permissions causes that error message to pop up and it force closes.

What did you do to precipitate this? This problem started for me right after I tried to change my recovery from clockworkmod to AmonRa 1.7.0.1-R5 by flashing it with unrevoked. My current ROM, Cyanogen 6.0.2 works absolutely fine except when it comes to anything requiring su permissions. Titanium backup wont even load and ROM manager force closes with any option I press. Always the same error message:
    "process com.noshufou.android.su has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Anybody has any idea whats wrong?

Btw im using a slcd htc desire, if that makes any difference