Unable to watch youtube videoSupport

1. hardst0ne

hardst0ne Member

I am not able to watch any video from youtube. Also not able to watch video from any other online tube sites. It looks I am having problem with playing flv. Pls help.

Gnote with 2.3.6

Advertisement
    :
  2. t sport 1978

t sport 1978 Well-Known Member

Reinstall Flash player?
  3. androidfonefan

androidfonefan Well-Known Member

Go in to settings and down to "About Phone" or "Software Updates", each phone can have this in a different area of Settings. Check for firmware or ROM updates, if there are any get them, if not it probably is a flash issue.
    Also there is a Browser that you can download that will enable flash on some phones that are capable of handling it but won't play, called SkyFire.
    A friend of mine has the I Pad 1 which will not play flash by default, with SkyFire his IP will play FLV videos. Because of Apples dislike for flash and the fact that so much video on the web is flash, he uses SF only and forgoes the default Apple browser all together. While this example is on an I Pad it holds true for Android products as well, the browsers built in flash capabilities by passes the phones/tablets issues.
    Note that this works on many but not all hardware so if all else fails, give it a try.
    hardst0ne likes this.
  4. hardst0ne

hardst0ne Member

Thank you for reply, ROM is latest, Flash player is latest and I am using Opera mini. But still unable to watch youtube video.
  5. hardst0ne

hardst0ne Member

Tired... still unable to play tubes on my GNote
  6. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

Will it let you uninstall and reinstall the youtube app? Try updating the youtube app from the browser of your computer at the market website maybe.
  7. touringhaggis

touringhaggis Well-Known Member

I heard that a factory reset helped someone fix this problem. I know that this is a bit extreme, but it may be worth a try. Certainly my Note with Opera Mobile I can view flash from any website.

Hope this helps (and it not too much work for you).

Regards,
    Eric.