• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unavailable Sd card but it was on my phone

It happened last few weeks when all of my music,photos had gone... Phone Storage are still there though.... I inserted again my Sd card on my phone but when I went to Setting>Sd Card & Storage>Sd Card>Total Space>Unavailable......its Unavailable...:-(. Is my Sd Card damaged??!!plz..answer

It happened last few weeks when all of my music,photos had gone... Phone Storage are still there though.... I inserted again my Sd card on my phone but when I went to Setting>Sd Card & Storage>Sd Card>Total Space>Unavailable......its Unavailable...:-(. Is my Sd Card damaged??!!plz..answer

Hello and welcome to the forums, Your Highness. :D

Sometimes the external sd card does become corrupted. Also other issues can cause it to appear to have lost data.

One way to check things is to connect your device to your PC or laptop and have a look in the internal and external sd card storage (storage is marked "sd card" for internal, even though it is not truly another sd card, it is just the way internal storage is being designated in some current Android operating systems).

If the data is showing in folders on your computer, perhaps you can get a new removable sd card and make a file transfer.

I'm also wondering if the contents themselves became corrupted or just hidden during a recent update of your operating system.

Upvote 0
Hi pls help me... I forgot to unmount my sd card before removing it on my phone.. when I put it back, my phone doesn't recognize the sd card & when I checked it on storage setting it shows "unavailable" , I tried it on pc to see if my sd card is still working and it does ... I tried the other sd card on the same phone but i get the same problem.. So ,,,, I don't think the sd card was the problem i think the phone or sd card slot? What do ya think? .. Please answer..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones