Unbranded SGS and Froyo ExperienceSupport

Last Updated:

1. t sport 1978

t sport 1978 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

Just wanted to share my experience with my unbranded SGS and Froyo update.

My SGS was updated through KIES to Froyo when it became available a couple of weeks ago, as you may or may not know it did it in a way that retained all my apps and data (which at the time i thought was pretty amazing). Also just to add that my phone never had any other 3rd party lag fix or any hack/roots at all, it is totally original in ROM and setup.

Since the Froyo update I found the phone to have degraded in performance, laggging was terrible and especially the browser became more unstable (with or without flash 10 content). Before the update i can honestly say that it never crashed and the lagging was acceptable, but since the 2.2 update it became somewhat annoying to live with.

Tonight i thought enough was enough and decided to go ahead and give it a clean start by doing a factory reset. I didnt know what to expect and thought that it would go back to 2.1 Eclair... So on with backing up my apps and data and onward to factory reset. All very painless and soon enough it came back alive with a clean install of 2.2 Froyo, and my personal data retained in the internal drive (to my surprise).

Well what a difference. It is like a new phone, with all my apps back on and and back to where i was before the upgrade within 30 mins and the difference is really noticeable.

The lagging is almost non existence and it feels more like my pre 2.2 setup but with all the benefits/functionality of 2.2.

What i am pushing here is for people to do a factory reset after their official 2.2 update, it did wonders to mine.

Good luck.

Advertisement
  2. webstar

webstar Member

Well, I actually did a factory reset few minutes before updating to froyo, and didn't notice any performance degradation or anything. But just to be sure it wouldn't eventually come to it, I used voodoo lagfix. I'm sure this topic would mean alot to people who still didn't update to froyo, and especially to those who did and are experiencing lag.