Unbrick Phone from LG Screen

1. undacova

undacova Well-Known Member

pull the battery and start pressing button combinations and holding them and popping the batt back in... gotta find how to throw it into emergency programming mode. I'd guess the key combo won't be using the keyboard but I could be wrong.
  2. andyr12345

andyr12345 Member

Thanks, have tried that before the all button combination but I will certainly try it again, maybe there is one combination I havent tried.
  3. undacova

Have you tried this?:

LG Optimus Chat has a special mode called safe mode. It is designed for your phone to recover from any malfunctions. Here is what you need to do to get into safe mode.
    Turn off your phone;
    Reboot it;
    Press and hold the Send key while the Android Logo is displayed;
    The main screen should have "safe mode" shown in the lower left-hand corner.
  4. undacova

After all the fun and excitements are gone, now you are not satisfied with all the changes you made to you LG Optimus Chat. The good thing is that the LG Optimus Chat has a function to let you to return your phone to a know sate, the factory state.

Before you reset your phone, please note this. All user applications and user data will be lost after the reset. Please be sure to back up all your data. So here is the procedure,
    Backup your data;
    Remove the back cover;
    Remove and reinsert the battery;
    Press and hold all these keys for over 10 seconds: Power/Lock key, Send key, and Down Volume key.
    When the power turns on, release these keys.
    DaniellieeE likes this.
  5. andyr12345

andyr12345 Member

Oh if only I could get to the Android Logo I would be a happy man but it wont even shift off the LG Logo at the moment :(
  6. undacova

Did you try the second method I posted?
  7. andyr12345

andyr12345 Member

Thanks but I just tried pressing send/end and volume key and it didnt work, as soon as I press all three the LG screen comes up immediately and then just sits there the same and keyboard lights flash on and off.
  8. undacova

Well then that would mean all your partitions are screwed.

The only way to fix it would be to acquire the stock image and flash it to the phone with lgnpst.

Where in the world is this phone supposed to live? I know it certainly isn't an American phone... I would suggest looking for phone modification sites frequented by the people that live wherever that thing is sold.

Sorry I can't be more of a help.

Let this be a lesson to everyone:
    Don't EVER use Rom Manager for something that doesn't show up in it's list...
  9. andyr12345

andyr12345 Member

Hooray! after Days of my phone stuck on LG screen and many different pressing of different buttons as the phone started I finally found the right button combination on my phone to get it into emergency mode. I had to press end call button and press 'q' on the qwerty keypad and then the phone went yellow screen with 'emergency mode' written at the top - then I just took the battery out and re-inserted it and pressed the power on/end call button and hoorah the phone booted up normally and whats more all my apps were there too it hadnt deleted anything. Am very happy and feel like I must be on a winning streak so gonna buy a lottery ticket today! :) either that or god was looking down on me and felt sorry. Brill though. Thanks for people answering me even if in the end no-one suggested pressing Q and the power button.
  10. bigmel239

bigmel239 New Member

Can some1 please tell me what i can do about this.... when i try to unbrick my phone this shows up....

Attached Files:

11. new optimus

new optimus Well-Known Member

that bin file name is wrong. it should say ms690zv4_26
    bigmel239 likes this.
  12. bigmel239

bigmel239 New Member

13. undacova

Awesome man. Q and power? yeah I would have never guessed, lol. Rocks that you got it unbricked....
    andyr12345 likes this.
  14. Toxicity

Toxicity New Member

I was wondering if this method will work for an Optimus stuck on the "Android" boot screen.

I currently have two phones - both Optimus - stuck on the android screen. One of them is a 2.2.2 and the other is a rooted 2.2.1.

I am currently allowing the battery to drain.

Thanks.
  15. undacova

This method will fix any phone that will light up.

Don't wait for the battery to drain, unplug power, pull battery, then hold down all the buttons and pop the batt back in or plug power in.
  16. Toxicity

Toxicity New Member

I read this just as both my phones died. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I'll try it out and report back in a bit.

EDIT: Getting an error to load the Skin.dll message.

EDIT 2: Ignore first edit. I fixed that.

EDIT 3: Thanks a lot. It successfully un-bricked my phone. Now I have no signal or data connection at all. Anyone know how to fix this?

EDIT 4: If anyone is wondering: I got past the skin.dll error by passing LGNPST.exe to C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST, and I am getting past the connection problems by following this guide: [GUIDE] How To Restore Service If You've Lost Your MEID
    olo Malice olo likes this.
  17. new optimus

what rom did you load? the stock one? looking at lgnpst your meid and phone number 00'd out?
  18. yaras1979

yaras1979 Well-Known Member

Hi man after hold all needs buttons + AC charger turn on, S/W Upgrade mode, how long waiting in this mode, battery need instal back or not? Then connect it to the pc.
  19. swageronyou

swageronyou New Member

20. swageronyou

swageronyou New Member

21. new optimus

it is a good chance your UAC user account control is on you should turn it off or it will not work.
  22. andnoob

andnoob Member

So heres the thing I followed this guide carefully and every thing worked perfectly. with the exception of been zerod out, with I found out that fix on a different guide. but then i couldn't make/recieve calls etc.
    So I decided to reflash the phone again with this same method.This is the problem now, when i was refashing the phone an error message popped up half way in the process say something about 'SYSTEM bad block' and mow my phone only load to the metropcs logo even says 'hellohellohello' and it just freezes there. my computer even has trouble connecting the phone now. Its an Optimus M btw. any help please
  23. younggoon727

younggoon727 Member

im running windows vista it wont let me install the lgnpst components i keep gettin ah error message saying there is a problem with this windows installer package.a program is required for this install to complete could not be run.action:unregistercom_3.0/location:c:.what does this mean if anybody can help pm me i can install all the other stuff besides the components
  24. younglos510

younglos510 New Member

for some reason when i reached 100 percent my phone got zeroed out... idk wtf happened it said finished
  25. viesto

viesto New Member

need help bricked my phone and lgnpst only shows phonebook recovery and lgnpst_ct shows emergency but wont find the dll.