• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nitsuamon

Lurker
Nov 27, 2009
So I have an old Motorola Droid wich I have rooted about 2 weeks ago. I have been trying to figure out if its worth it to do with my Thunderbolt. Things were looking good until I tryed to flash a new Rom onto it. After it was done loading everything it would do the red eye and keep doing it over and over again.

Now before anybody gets snippy with me about messing with things that ya don't know about. I was/am doing research on rooting and think I have a grasp on how it all works, but I'm no Dev...obviously ugh

Oh! P.S.
If it can't be fixed does anybody want a paper weight with a big red eye on it?? ;-)

If I weren't an honest person I'd ask for the paperweight now.

As it is, though, it can easily be fixed - You might have accidentally flashed just a theme for a particular ROM without actually flashing the ROM.

Also, did you wait about 10 minutes before giving up on it?

Finally, did you flash a custom recovery on the phone to do this? if so, did you make a backup of your current ROM before starting? If so, restore the backup. If not, then you now understand why all these ROMs say make a backup before you start....

Give me some answers and we can work with you - I've had that device for over two years and mine is still kicking strongly.

Upvote 0
I had my phone in just that state a couple of weeks ago. It was looking mighty hopeless until I used my PC to fix it. I had a backup, but I couldn't get into recovery to use it. I think I used RSD Lite to flash the backup. Looking again, yes, that is what I used.

So don't give up hope.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones