Unbricking your Sprint or Virgin Mobile USA phone using official tools and dll and bin files

Last Updated:

1. ktb83

ktb83 Well-Known Member

And the procedure preserves nvram?

Advertisement
  2. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Of course it does. The only procedure that doesn't is when using LGNPST to unbrick from download mode..
    Edit: I'm going to sleep.
  3. tjsanders

tjsanders Well-Known Member

yes, this method put the phone back too factory out of box. it writes all the partitions,prl,stock recovery,stock rom, unroot
  4. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

And it doesn't erase programming NV values (highly important, otherwise you have to make 5 threads on how to reprogram the phone...)
  5. tjsanders

Doesn't erase NV Items or values. also if have your msl number i would do a ##786# after unbricking too reset all voice and data connections.
  6. james391

james391 Well-Known Member

I tried this and im pretty sure it worked. It got to 99% then said Error WM_PROGRESS_MSG
    We can't communicate with specific port
    FAIL

But the phone works and is totally factory. So far everything is working
    tjsanders likes this.
  7. tjsanders

yes it worked woo hoo. i forgot too mention when you error msg at 99 percent the port msg is normal. got too give you a thanks for letting me know how it went
  8. HaTrEd360

HaTrEd360 Well-Known Member

Update OP to include that so people don't freak out.
    tjsanders likes this.
  9. M0NSTER

M0NSTER Well-Known Member

thanks for the post im sure your helping lots of people and now if i brick my phone i know where to go. :)
  10. cdavis357

cdavis357 Member

My phone just bricked gonna give your method a try much easier hope it works as good as it sounds
  11. tjsanders

Please let me know if your virgin mobile or sprint elite user
  12. cdavis357

cdavis357 Member

Sprint
  13. cdavis357

cdavis357 Member

awsome worked like a charm no issues new phone even have to reactivate
  14. tjsanders

Glad I could help you out
    cdavis357 likes this.
  15. tjsanders

Just want too say thank you too everyone who has unbricked there phone using my method and gave me very good news and feedback that your phone no longer paperweight. it was alot of hard work. but it paid off so far.
    noxiousfix and james391 like this.
  16. Cool29043

Cool29043 Member

im stuck on step five the computer will not let me see my phones files
  17. bubalashkka

bubalashkka Well-Known Member

my elite is really messed up but when i try to open up flash tool it says this?

"The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail."

when i run the command line it scans and detects nothing, any ideas? :( help apreciated lol
  18. Cool29043

Cool29043 Member

How can I install the drivers? whenever I try it ends up not installing. The only thing that always fails to install is the "LG AndroidNet USB Modem"
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
  19. tjsanders

20. mcgraham89

mcgraham89 Well-Known Member

This thread should be a sticky IMO. Came in Handy. Quick and Easy. Thanks Tjsanders.
  21. SapientDust

SapientDust New Member

Made some progress so I edited this; Sorry I don't have permission to remove it.

I'll be back with a more intelligent query tomorrow.
  22. tjsanders

Sapientdust, don't understand your post. do you help with your device?
  23. ruffdraft2010

ruffdraft2010 New Member

Is this THE method to fix the "permanent download mode" problem on the vm696 (lg optimus elite)?
  24. phenomx4

phenomx4 Well-Known Member Developer

Yes It should fix that and restore everything like it was out of the box.