• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unbricking your Sprint or Virgin Mobile USA phone using official tools and dll and bin files

Every time I try to download the zip file and save it to my desk top I its not even a zip folder.. It just wants to download stuff I don't want on my computer that I don't want.. If anyone can send a right and good file zip I would sure greatly appreciate it.. My phone is a VM optimus elite.. Thanks for any help

Upvote 0
Be very careful: OK, there are 3 "download" links on the page TJSanders referred us to to get our factory ROMS. Only 1 of them isn't a virus or spam programs. (What a horrible page to refer us to TJ!!!)

The real link (as of today's date) is here:
http://fs1.d-h.st/download/00026/0kd/VirginMobileUSA. zip (<-- Move the .zip all the way left to complete the url. Copy and paste it into your browser. If you just "click" on TJ's link, the hyperlink with take you to the page with viruses).
His instructions are a little mixed up, but he does include everything you need to do with them. Just make sure that before you close any window or application you have read a few sentences ahead and checked every box, and added every file, etc. that he instructs, before you close that window or program.

At the end, my flashtool said :DOWNLOAD FAILED! That was inaccurate. I have all my original program again. A little sloppy, but good work TJ!
I tried that link and it is just like all the others. It wants you to download weather bug, ez download and some other stuff on your computer and its not even a zip file.. :-/

Upvote 0
Does anyone ahve any idea on how to get an lg optimus dynamic 2 past the gmail sign on screen after using rom manager to try to install recovery? I tried using rom manager mistakenly and now cant get past the original sign on screen that asks ig you have an existing account of wanna create one. Thanks and sorry if this is posted in the wrong section.

Upvote 0
Was hoping this post was my savior but not yet, my devices continues to say Download is in Progress Do not disconnect cable. I cannot get past that with any kind of reset. I followed the directions but the flash tool sticks at Ready on port one, and I let is sit 24 hours. Reinstalled the driver, phone is recognized by Windows, changed to Port 41. Any ideas folks?

UPDATE: Finally got the phones, yes I have two LG Optimus Elites with the same issue, to connect to Flash Tool. Reloaded the driver for the fourth time did the trick. Anyway I get to about 98% then it hangs and comes back with We can't communicate with specified port, Fail and the message "Download Fail" [526 sec]. Now the phone displays LG prompt and sits. The first phone, I unplugged and now it refuses to start, afraid to disconnect the second phone.

Another update: Plugging the USB in the phone I now get the "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (COM17) showing up in device manager, the phone still has a blank display and appears not to be started but obviously it is communicating to the PC.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
if anybody uses this method please let me know how it went for you
hello, i tried fixing my LGLS970 with your method, i did everything u said, but when i clicked run as admin, it said, " the application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect. plz see the apps event log or use the command line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail." what did i do wrong?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones