• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Uncarrier plans...I'm confused

Kahroo

Android Expert
Jun 13, 2012
NJ
So is it like prepaid? And will T-Mobile still have it's prepaid 4G plans still? What about Prepaid LTE? And to get unlimited everything will be $70/month?

And I heard the HTC One will come to T-Mobile and be $99, but what I want to know is shouldn't it be like more since T-Mobile is now a no contract service? Sorry for the questions just never dealt with any other service carrier other then Virgin Mobile USA. And their phones are all full priced, which can be a bit expensive.

So is it like prepaid? And will T-Mobile still have it's prepaid 4G plans still? What about Prepaid LTE? And to get unlimited everything will be $70/month?

And I heard the HTC One will come to T-Mobile and be $99, but what I want to know is shouldn't it be like more since T-Mobile is now a no contract service? Sorry for the questions just never dealt with any other service carrier other then Virgin Mobile USA. And their phones are all full priced, which can be a bit expensive.

LTE should get prepaid you'll just need a lte capable phone and fully unlimited is $70 a month. But $50 gets 500MB then throttled & $60 is 2.5GB then throttled all plans have unlimited talk & text.

The total cost of the HTC One will be $580. If you don't want pay all of that upfront tmobile will make you give $99 down payment upfront & then you'll pay another $20 every month for 24 months then you'll own the phone fully.

That $99 down payment only applies to well qualified customers. If you don't pass the credit check you'll have to pay much more upfront but you'll have lower monthly payments.

*there is no interest rate on the phones either

Upvote 0
I have been wondering about the "prepaid" vs "uncarrier" plans as well. My understanding - which is fuzzy here so help me out if you know better - is the prepaid plan prices are an "all in" price, but the uncarrier plans are going to add a couple dollars in taxes/fees. The uncarrier side also has family plan options, I assume better roaming, and the ability to finance phones.

Is that correct?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones