• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[UNCONFIRMED BUG] GPS causes music to not resume

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medion

Android Expert
Aug 14, 2010
Auburn, WA
While listening to music and using navigation, the music cuts out when receiving a turn-by-turn instruction, as it should. However, the music then fails to resume. This was fixed in the NOV OTA. Problem seems to still persisr in Virtuous 3.2.0. Unconfirmed because it just occured, and I am at the Dr.'s office. Will test more when I get home, to include a full wipe.

Ok, seems to be the same even after a clean install of the ROM. I don't want to, but if needed, I'll go back to the official NOV OTA and see if it works there. From the NOV OTA thread, several people confirmed that it does.

I'll wait to hear from the developer of Virtuous to see if he can replicate this before I go further in troubleshooting.

Upvote 0
While listening to music and using navigation, the music cuts out when receiving a turn-by-turn instruction, as it should. However, the music then fails to resume. This was fixed in the NOV OTA. Problem seems to still persisr in Virtuous 3.2.0. Unconfirmed because it just occured, and I am at the Dr.'s office. Will test more when I get home, to include a full wipe.

I do NOT have this issue with 3.2. I'm running slacker, and the music resumes after voice navigation directions, as it should.

Upvote 0
Figured out the issue with HTC Music Player and Google Navigation. RMK is using the apps from the original 2.2 OTA, not the NOV OTA, which has the bug fix. He's only using the kernel from the NOV OTA.

Hopefully he considers updating Virtuous to include the updated Sense apps from the NOV OTA.

Upvote 0
I don't use the HTC Music application under Virtuous 3.2 myself (because the darn thing turns itself on in my car on bluetooth). I actually disabled it using Virtuous Buddy. I prefer PowerAmp, like the other poster in this thread.

However, I'm just wondering whether you can download the ruu for the November OTA update and fish the navigation and HTC music files out of that and flash/install them.

Just wonderin'.

Upvote 0
I don't use the HTC Music application under Virtuous 3.2 myself (because the darn thing turns itself on in my car on bluetooth). I actually disabled it using Virtuous Buddy. I prefer PowerAmp, like the other poster in this thread.

However, I'm just wondering whether you can download the ruu for the November OTA update and fish the navigation and HTC music files out of that and flash/install them.

Just wonderin'.

Should be able to fish out the music APK and replace the one in the Virtuous install with it. Navigation APK isn't the one causing the problem, I think.

But for right now I'm giving PowerAMP a try. I like many aspects of it, miss the HTC music lockscreen, but that's about it so far.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones