Under used Root forum - Lets change that.

1. dynomot

dynomot VIP Member VIP Member

I've finally got around to rooting my Note 3 (Here on referred to as SM-N9005 to avoid confusion with other versions), now that the Knox warranty has been cleared up a little by Samsung and technically speaking I haven't voided my device warranty by rooting.

So after rooting I flashed Philz touch recovery, did a Nandroid, backed up my EFS folder, installed busy box and other root needed things like Titanium (blows away Helium, but you need root), Root Explorer (an excellent file manager - even without root) and the Wanam framework and app. Later I shall search for useful and interesting mods to try, also I'll post links to them and all the things I've already done.

It is time to free your device, please feel welcome to share any flashable mods, kernels or whatever you've found. I find this forum coming from the hot beds of modding that is the SGS4 and the SGSIII and SGSII quite disappointing, and under used.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Can we find this in writing somewhere? Up to now you had to put the device into a state that they couldn't read anything to avoid being told that you caused it so you have to buy a new one.
  3. dynomot

dynomot VIP Member VIP Member

There isn't much that is easy to find out there. Apart from Xposed installer and Wanam exposed which is OK to alter stuff like the notification bar icons and colours it is not as easy as 3minit framework, which I might try to see what happens if I use an SGS4 version. (I feel it will just not work or soft brick - I need to flash a deodexed stock ROM to even try, not for now)

So far one small flashable .zip that works on a stock (still odexed) rooted ROM is a volume increaser :

Moderate is best to my ears, loud distorts and is probably not so good for the speaker doing the distorting and possibly the phones inbuilt amplifier.

[MOD] Volume Boosting Sound Hack Mod | For Galaxy Note 3 | ONLY SNAPDRAGON VERSION !! - xda-developers