Underclocking rooted stock?

Last Updated:

1. mode

mode Active Member This Topic's Starter

Background:
    Hello everyone, I have a quick question. A friend and I were discussing whether the Droid underclocks automatically when stock.

We are both rooted and on CM nightlies, however, after experiencing some instability, he suggested bumping my lower speed limit from 250 to 500. I'm still in the process of testing if that resolves the problem.

Question:
    Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could provide me with conclusive proof that the Droid does (or doesn't) underclock itself when stock (i.e. without the assistance of setCPU).

Let me rephrase my question:
    Does the stock Android OS adjust the processor frequency dynamically as needed (like setCPU does). If so, to what degree (i.e. 250-550 MHZ as needed)?

Thank You,
    ~mode

Advertisement
  2. emdmao

emdmao Well-Known Member

8.php
    Arm

3. mode

Thank you for the information. However, It's not quite what I'm looking for. I'm looking for how stock Android for the Motorola droid handles CPU frequency.

Let me rephrase my question:
    Does the stock Android OS adjust the processor frequency dynamically as needed (like setCPU does). If so, to what degree (i.e. 250-550 MHZ as needed)?

Thank You,
    ~mode

4. HarvesterX™

HarvesterX™ Member

By default, Android's stock kernel has the governor set to OnDemand. Is that what you needed to know? I just noticed which forum I'm posting in... :) So yea it scales automatically.

5. mode

Well, I suppose that answers one part. Do you know what the range is for scaling?