• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Underclocking

hermy65

Jun 30, 2010
IIve been trying to underclock my x for the last few days in hopes of getting some better battery life. I purchased QuickClock Advanced and let it run to find the minimum vsel i should be using. Then I followed AirMasxxx23's guide on how to use quickclock with jrummys app. The settings i used from the quick clock app seemed to be working fine until i tried to play a game then my phone locked up. I went through and one by one increased the vsel for each clock speed one at a time and then played the same game to see if it rebooted. Unfortunately, ive bumped each clock speed up by 1 like 4 times now and still have reboot issues. I not really sure how to go about this whole underclocking so im just guessing here....am i doing this right?

Also, i did set up some profiles in jrummys app, is that the best thing to use for profiles or should i purchase setCPU instead?

Any guidance in the right direction would be much appreciated.

If you read that thread, you know my experience.

I'm still running fine on the settings I determined using the manual method described there.

custom_oc_settings.jpg

I was previously overclocked to 1.35 @ ULV, but later when I had some weird issues dropped it to 1.30 (FC with dialer) and later to 1.25 @ ULV. I don't know for a fact if I needed that last drop. I might increase it at some point and see if something goofy happens.

What is your jRummy OC and how long have you run that? I've been running these settings for over a month.

I think the proper procedure is to up the base by one into the calculator, then let it determine the rest. In other words, increasing the base by one, might increase your fastest one by a several.

Upvote 0
If you read that thread, you know my experience.

I'm still running fine on the settings I determined using the manual method described there.

custom_oc_settings.jpg

I was previously overclocked to 1.35 @ ULV, but later when I had some weird issues dropped it to 1.30 (FC with dialer) and later to 1.25 @ ULV. I don't know for a fact if I needed that last drop. I might increase it at some point and see if something goofy happens.

What is your jRummy OC and how long have you run that? I've been running these settings for over a month.

I think the proper procedure is to up the base by one into the calculator, then let it determine the rest. In other words, increasing the base by one, might increase your fastest one by a several.

Bingo. If for whatever reason the calculated numbers don't run stable, just up the BMV or the stability buffer and let the program recalculate.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones