• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Underclocking?

Can anyone give me tips about underclocking? I would be using rom toolbox an would like to know a good setup to keep the phone running in a smooth way but saving battery at the same time, I dont know anything about it... hence my thread.

I keep my phone around 700ish on the high end and 200 ish on the low end. On demand governor. Screen off profile I will set the high end to 400ish and low end 200 ish.

Reactions: Heavyweightgd6
Upvote 0
I use Juice Defender, and I use minimum 122, max idle 122 and max 768 with the governor on conservative and my phone barely has any lag. There are certain games where I have to overclock to get rid of lag, but for normal use, these settings work great on my phone. I've used it off and on for 11 hours so far today with data and wifi turned off when the screen is off, and I still have 66% battery left.

Reactions: Heavyweightgd6
Upvote 0
I use Juice Defender, and I use minimum 122, max idle 122 and max 768 with the governor on conservative and my phone barely has any lag. There are certain games where I have to overclock to get rid of lag, but for normal use, these settings work great on my phone. I've used it off and on for 11 hours so far today with data and wifi turned off when the screen is off, and I still have 66% battery left.
well anything under 1024 i am about 768 but sometimes at 468..:smokingsomb: now if you overclock keep it at about 1612 or lower works good :smokingsomb:

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Yes, it is true that it's a paid app in the Play Market, but if you are a member over at XDA, you can snag an older version for free:

SetCPU for Root Users [2.2.4] Undervolting and more 07/07/2011 - xda-developersSetCPU for Root Users [2.2.4] Undervolting and more 07/07/2011 - xda-developers

but we still wouldn't want to distribute it from here since the developer has created several options for obtaining it.

So, BRAINZ2013, if you would be so kind as to the delete the attachment above, that would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
can some one give me a exact number ... i dont play ANY games on my phone just facebook, email. netflix, pandora, and youtube and of course web. Thank you in advace. My phone is not slow at all just it dies in like a hour :(

Welcome to the wonderful world of LG Esteem haha

Use 4G as little as possible. I keep mine at normal 1024 and 245 and get about 6 hours heavy use on normal battery. But i also use screen off profile at 768 max. Remember 4G is a battery killer.

Upvote 0

Hey are you using stock battery? What did you use to underclock?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones