1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Underclocking?

1. Heavyweightgd6

Heavyweightgd6 Well-Known Member

Can anyone give me tips about underclocking? I would be using rom toolbox an would like to know a good setup to keep the phone running in a smooth way but saving battery at the same time, I dont know anything about it... hence my thread.

Advertisement
  2. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

I keep my phone around 700ish on the high end and 200 ish on the low end. On demand governor. Screen off profile I will set the high end to 400ish and low end 200 ish.
    Heavyweightgd6 likes this.
  3. Heavyweightgd6

Heavyweightgd6 Well-Known Member

Thanks fuzzy. Any input from anyone else?
  4. ManlyParasite

ManlyParasite Well-Known Member

Same as fuzzy, I also have it it under clock when the battery gets low. 15% or lower and it drops to 200 low 300 high
    That's completely personal, I'd like to have it in case I need it, be really angry if I pulled it out and it was dead because I just HAD to play angry birds or whatever poison I've picked that day
  5. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

My phone seems to bearly crawl at default clock speeds let alone underclocking it. I run at Max 1200 min 245. On demand
  6. blitz468

blitz468 Well-Known Member

I use Juice Defender, and I use minimum 122, max idle 122 and max 768 with the governor on conservative and my phone barely has any lag. There are certain games where I have to overclock to get rid of lag, but for normal use, these settings work great on my phone. I've used it off and on for 11 hours so far today with data and wifi turned off when the screen is off, and I still have 66% battery left.
  7. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

well anything under 1024 i am about 768 but sometimes at 468..:smokingsomb: now if you overclock keep it at about 1612 or lower works good :smokingsomb:
  8. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

9. Mexjoker

Mexjoker I'm Not Real, Doris!

SetCPU is a paid app brainz2013. Posting a download to a paid app is piracy(besides posting a link to the app in the play store)
  10. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Yes, it is true that it's a paid app in the Play Market, but if you are a member over at XDA, you can snag an older version for free:

SetCPU for Root Users [2.2.4] Undervolting and more 07/07/2011 - xda-developersSetCPU for Root Users [2.2.4] Undervolting and more 07/07/2011 - xda-developers

but we still wouldn't want to distribute it from here since the developer has created several options for obtaining it.

So, BRAINZ2013, if you would be so kind as to the delete the attachment above, that would be most appreciated.

Thanks!
    Rxpert83, Fuzzy13 and Transfusiionz like this.
  11. Chat2jessica

Chat2jessica Active Member

can some one give me a exact number ... i dont play ANY games on my phone just facebook, email. netflix, pandora, and youtube and of course web. Thank you in advace. My phone is not slow at all just it dies in like a hour :(
  12. djramod

djramod Well-Known Member

get the extended battery ;) i think the extended battery is a must have. i get about 17 hours. no jk!
  13. Mexjoker

Mexjoker I'm Not Real, Doris!

746 or 806 and I don't have lag :3
  14. sk8rgeek

sk8rgeek Well-Known Member

Welcome to the wonderful world of LG Esteem haha

Use 4G as little as possible. I keep mine at normal 1024 and 245 and get about 6 hours heavy use on normal battery. But i also use screen off profile at 768 max. Remember 4G is a battery killer.
  15. Fuzzy13

Smart phones in general have awful battery life, not just the Esteem ;)
  16. sk8rgeek

sk8rgeek Well-Known Member

Hey my flip phone knew math and lasted for days :p bahaha
  17. Fuzzy13

Haha. How big was that screen? ;)
  18. dozer5900

dozer5900 Well-Known Member

Hey are you using stock battery? What did you use to underclock?