• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Undervolted SC 2.9.2?

Gevis

Android Enthusiast
Dec 4, 2009
I would like to get some extra battery life out of my Fascinate (at the moment I'm getting about 8ish hours with my heavy-normal use).

I would love to keep my Voodoo'd SC 2.9.2, it's wickedly fast and exceeds my expectations of a phone, but I would like to see if Undervolting would help with battery life, while keeping performance.

Is there a Voodoo compatible SC kernal or rom or whatever I need?

Thanks guys.

For anyone who doesn't already have it, my battery lasted 12 hours today after switching to the undervolted kernel. Ill keep this updated but if it stays about the same, thats 4 more hours than what I was getting. Also I had to replace the camera apk so that I didn't get that battery is low nonsense whenever I open the camera and my battery was low.

If you haven't, I would recommend you chedo it out and see what happens with your battery life

Upvote 0
I'm using nemesis2all's 409 uber. Running a top end of 1.3Ghz with a bottom end of 100Mhz with a -100mv undervolt. Battery life is great when idle or frankly any time the cpu is not at top speed. This kernel enables you to select your own voltages using the market app voltage control. Truly a wonderful duo together.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones