undo Gmail updateSupport

1. bik2101

bik2101 Well-Known Member

I need to know how to roll back or undo the newest Gmail update. It's screwing up notification stuff I have for Gmail. I had a widget to show me unread emails (SMS Unread count) but now it keeps force closing if I try to make a widget for Gmail. I know its not an issue with the SMS Unread conut app because it works fine for making widgets for phone calls and text messages. Also, with the latest Gmail update, GoLauncher no longer shows me unread count in the dock, even though the setting is checked to do so.

Advertisement
    :
  2. sunflowernut

sunflowernut Active Member

Uninstalling updates:

Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> Downloaded ->
    Gmail -> Uninstall updates. Just follow prompts after that. :D
  3. bik2101

bik2101 Well-Known Member

thanks. unfortunately that option isn't available. seems i'll be stuck with this until gmal releases another update.
  4. bucwylde23

bucwylde23 Well-Known Member

Ever since updating to the newest version my launcher pro dock is not showing the unread gmail count either. google must have changed something in this newest version that broke this feature.
  5. bucwylde23

bucwylde23 Well-Known Member

As a matter of fact check this update from July 9 on the dev's site for Launcher Pro:

LauncherPro

Looks like they were expecting this to break with the gmail update.
  6. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

If you're rooted you can just delete gmail.apk and install an older version.
  7. Wild0ne

Wild0ne New Member

I recently deleted my gmail account that i created for my Galaxy S2 then realised i needed it for applications. I had the account recovered and am able to log onto it via gmail on a pc or by typing into gmail via phone browser but the icon on my phone no longer recognises this,Is anyone able to help me ?