Undo Root on Droid??

Last Updated:

1. geniusgfunk35

geniusgfunk35 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, I currently have a rooted Droid running BB 1.1, but I had an issue with the vibrate motor inside the phone and Verizon is in the process of shipping me a new one fully covered under warranty. However, rooting your phone does in fact VOID the warranty, and when I ship the defective phone back, I am afraid I will have to pay for the replacement. Will a factory reset undo the "rooting", if not is there any way to? Or is this something I shouldn't even be worrying about?

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Advertisement
  2. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

You have to unroot. But your best bet would be download rsd lite and the sbf file that u need and flash back to stock. Or if u have either rom manager, or the DM updater, u can download stock 2.01 and flash back that way. But, if you need any help, there is always someone here to help, and a quick search for everything I mentioned couldn't hurt either. But anyways, good luck.
    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

geniusgfunk35 likes this.
  3. geniusgfunk35

Okay, Thanks! I still have RSDLite on my computer from when I rooted it and I use ROM manager all the time so I should be able to get it...just one question:

When I do flash back to stock 2.01 will the that erase the root privileges (like I want it to)?

4. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Yeah it will, it couldn't hurt to do a factory reset and wipe your cache off your phone after u flash back to 2.01. Its better to be safe than sorry.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

5. geniusgfunk35

Okay...Thanks so much!!!