Unexpected Battery ProblemSupport

Last Updated:

1. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Strange thing happened with my phone over the last 2 nights. First, the battery level was about 95% when I went to bed and was at around 50% when I woke up 7 hours later (Phone was on but not left on charge). Last night it was at 49% and this morning it had turned off due to a drained battery.

I'm happy with the battery life as I get 18-36hrs depending on usage, but this recent drain is not normal. I usually lose between 5-10% over night.

I know there are a number of possible causes for the increased battery drain and I'm not asking for suggestions. What I need is something that will tell me what app is draining the battery. I want to identify the cause.

I have spare parts but I don't think the battery info is provides can identify an individial app.

EDIT: Just to clarify, the battery drain is fine during the day, it's increased overnight for the last 2 nights with the phone on in standby.

Advertisement
  2. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Maybe as first step it helps to monitor the data traffic of every single app on your phone.
    The apps TrafficInfo or TrafficStats (in market) can do that.

Harry

3. Eris Ed

I use TrafficStats (great app!) and it shows nothing unusual for the past week or so - about 25mb wi-fi and 16mb 3G data since weekend which is normal, and I tend to reset the counter every day to pick up any new problems. There's certainly no increase in data use over the last 2 nights.

4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Power tutor.

Also, use current widget, logging every 5 minutes overnight. It will tell you how many mA are being used during that time.

If you are using a 245Mhz Min / Max screen off profile with set CPU 4-8mA is a good result.

5. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

what governer are you using in setcpu

6. Eris Ed

Yeah, I use the 245 Max/Min profile with screen off, and smartass 245/998400 all other times, which is partly why I'm suprised this has happened the last 2 nights. During the day withn the screen off I only lose 1 or 2 % per hour.

Now got power tutor, see what is says.....

7. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

thats odd