• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unfortunately Google Play has stopped

H0meLine

Lurker
Jul 16, 2013
I have a Google Nexus 4(Not Rooted). Today as I was trying to download an App. I opened Google Play and it suddenly crashed with the message "Unfortunately Google Play has stopped. I tried everything -
-Cleaning Cache and Data
-Rebooting
-Uninstalling Updates
-Reset App Preferences
When all this didn't work I tried to do a factory reset to the phone. That didn't help either in which point I was really disappointed as I was sure that would have fixed it. I tried to reset it a couple of times but still nothing. Please help me I am very frustrated
I'm starting to think the problem it's not on my side but with Google.

It's Play Store. It always acts up. There are times it thinks I'm not online when I am, and times where the music app claims my library is empty, and other times trying to update/install gives me "package file invalid"

Either wait it out, or try another market like Amazon Appstore until Play gets back to normal.

So what you are saying is that the problem it's not with me but with Play Store and Google? Then all I have to do is wait for an update or something like that. Thank you for your answer.

Upvote 0
It's Play Store. It always acts up. There are times it thinks I'm not online when I am, and times where the music app claims my library is empty, and other times trying to update/install gives me "package file invalid"

Play has been acting up for me for last few days as well, I can browse it but things are just not downloading, and then they'll download a few hours later or the next day. It's not crashing on me though. Google has revamped Play when viewed from a PC. You seem to be finding your Google Music is unavailable on occasions.

Either wait it out, or try another market like Amazon Appstore until Play gets back to normal.

I think they're making some changes and/or are having trouble and things are going off-line from time to time. Maybe they've done something that's making Play crash on certain devices?

Upvote 0
Play has been acting up for me for last few days as well, I can browse it but things are just not downloading, and then they'll download a few hours later or the next day. It's not crashing on me though. Google has revamped Play when viewed from a PC. You seem to be finding your Google Music is unavailable on occasions.

I think they're making some changes and/or are having trouble and things are going off-line from time to time. Maybe they've done something that's making Play crash on certain devices?

I don't know I am trying so hard to fix it. I was relaxed untill I factory reseted it and it still didn't work. I am very frustrated I don't know what to do right now. I feel like my phone has a defect on the OS or something. The only thing I can do right now is wait. If it still doesn't get fixed my only way to fix it would be rooting the phone. I even though I was banned from Play Store, could that be the cause?

Upvote 0
I'm still facing the problem, mabye it's still not fixed for my country?

What's your country... Currently working in China at the moment. Although it will probably be broken again tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Samsung Apps has also been flaky in the last few days, and has had periodic outages as well.

Proves something though. I definitely wouldn't want to be relying on the cloud for my stuff, e.g. storing my music online or photos online. Very frustrating when it's not available, due to outages or upgrades or whatever.

Upvote 0
Guys I know what is going on here. I got my Play Store to work a couple of times. I live in Kosovo and appears that Google won't let me use the Play Store there. I was using a carrier here that has it's servers and stuff on Slovenia, and that changed my location to Slovenia too and I was able to download from that Play Store for a long time. Now seems something is messed up and my location was changed back to Kosovo again. I opened a new gmail with US as a country and used a proxy etc and it's now all US. I got the play store to work but as soon as I would disconnect the proxy from my device and restart the app it would crash. I am sad that I can't find a way right now to fix it but at least I got a google account that it works like in US and I can install apps from my pc with that google account. Thank you all for trying to help me :D

Upvote 0
Guys I know what is going on here. I got my Play Store to work a couple of times. I live in Kosovo and appears that Google won't let me use the Play Store there. I was using a carrier here that has it's servers and stuff on Slovenia, and that changed my location to Slovenia too and I was able to download from that Play Store for a long time. Now seems something is messed up and my location was changed back to Kosovo again. I opened a new gmail with US as a country and used a proxy etc and it's now all US. I got the play store to work but as soon as I would disconnect the proxy from my device and restart the app it would crash. I am sad that I can't find a way right now to fix it but at least I got a google account that it works like in US and I can install apps from my pc with that google account. Thank you all for trying to help me :D

Ah that makes sense :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones