• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unfortunately google play store has stopped

i am sorry but i LOLd at the title. Play Store has always been the most buggy app on Android. i am surprised Google would rather change the UI to all cards and pastel crap when they should be trying to fix issues that have been present since day one (the RPC:5-AEC:0 download bug, crashing, no connection-retry, cannot be downloaded due to an error, etc)

Upvote 0
i am sorry but i LOLd at the title. Play Store has always been the most buggy app on Android. i am surprised Google would rather change the UI to all cards and pastel crap when they should be trying to fix issues that have been present since day one (the RPC:5-AEC:0 download bug, crashing, no connection-retry, cannot be downloaded due to an error, etc)

Yeh.. I've had no connection-retry and cannot be downloaded due to an error, quite a few times in the last week or so. No crashing though. Although it seems to be OK for me in the last couple of days.

However it seem to be getting a lot of "This app is not compatible with your device.". lately This is on free apps that should work, the phone is a Samsung with Jellybean...not some obscure off- brand thing. And I'm also getting a lot of "This app is not available in your country."..again this is free apps, and often it's just some casual game, and not anything country specific like Netflix.

Upvote 0
Many people in my country are facing this issue. i have discussed it on a local forum.

Pakistan right? Do you know if Google is being blocked or censored, or if they restrict their services in your country? Like free apps only on Play, search is unavailable or is redirected, YouTube is blocked, Google Docs is monitored and censored, etc.

This is why I wouldn't want to be dependant on the cloud for anything. Because if there is a problem due to outages, censoring, upgrades, restrictions, connectivity, etc, I wouldn't be able to get at my stuff.

Upvote 0
Oh yes that uber annoying compatibility checker. It has always been wrong since the day they added it and I wish they would remove it. They tried to make it look like my Nexus 10 wasn't compatible with a game. A Nexus 10! Why they can't simply add a "download anyway" feature escapes me

I have discovered that some apps that list as ok end up not working for whatever reason but isn't ever shown as incompatible. In my view I believe the Android Package Manager itself is the best judge of whether or not an app will install or not, not Google Play

Upvote 0
Oh yes that uber annoying compatibility checker. It has always been wrong since the day they added it and I wish they would remove it. They tried to make it look like my Nexus 10 wasn't compatible with a game. A Nexus 10! Why they can't simply add a "download anyway" feature escapes me

I have discovered that some apps that list as ok end up not working for whatever reason but isn't ever shown as incompatible. In my view I believe the Android Package Manager itself is the best judge of whether or not an app will install or not, not Google Play

Nick, you're getting not compatible with a Google reference device.. that doesn't really surprise me. Because I know things have been rather funky recently. In the last couple of days Play now seems to think I'm using a Hong Kong carrier...PCCW.
logo_chi.jpg

The phone was bought in HK, and was using PCCW at the time. But that was six weeks ago now. And all times since it's shown my current carrier, China Mobile.
logo.gif

Seems there's quite a few outstanding issues(features) that Google needs to fix with Play.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones