Unfortunately, Market has stopped... This just started today for me...Support

1. Connectz

Connectz Well-Known Member

I keep getting an error that says "Unfortunatley Market has stopped" it happens quite frequently now. Anyone else get this and know what the fix is?

Advertisement
  2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

I just browsed the Market and bought an app. Perhaps it's a local outage or a connectivity issue. Or did you try rebooting and trying again?
  3. Connectz

Connectz Well-Known Member

Yes I cleared the cache and restarted. Still happens sporadically.
  4. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

Rom or mods? Installed any "questionable apps lately", do you have root?

This probably won't help, but just some questions to get in maybe the right direction.
  5. asray85

asray85 New Member

I have the same issue, except it happens every time I try to download an app on the galaxy nexus on the fido network. To do a temp bypass I would go into settings>apps>market and select uninstall updates.

I would go back in to market and I'm able to download one app before I start getting the "unfortunately, market has stopped..." prompt.

Hope this helps reduce the frustration!
  6. MrPeaches

MrPeaches New Member

Same thing with me, I can temporarily do it. Basically what I've learned is when you bring it back to factory settings, it works fine. But by the time you've made that 1 download, it updates back to 3.4.4. Essentially, 3.4.4 must be a problem on some androids clearly. I know it had been for me, as soon as I got my Galaxy Nexus updated this morning, I tried downloading, but I would get that error that is being discussed, it's very frustrating, even with the "partial" fix.
  7. downgrading to 3.3.12 worked. thanks!
    smsung galaxy nexus
  8. cheatah22

cheatah22 New Member

Downgrading to 3.3.12 temporarily works, for like 1 app. Then market auto-updates itself to 3.4.4 again and then it crashes, again. There is a problem with 3.4.4 and there seems to be no non-rooted way to solve this. It bothers me that someone is forcing a broken unwanted 'upgrade' on my system.
  9. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ Guide

Try going into manage applications and clear market data/cache
    Also do this with Google services framework...
  10. vandyman

vandyman Well-Known Member

Is these first one time posts for real or does someone have a multiple personality issue? :rolleyes:
  11. For real ;o)
    I am new to android and this problem is quite annoying. Like cheatah mentioned, downgrading to the previous version fixes the problem temporarily. Still trying to figure out what is the cause of the problem
  12. thegreatjman

thegreatjman New Member

Problem is fixed now! Canada GNEX user here...download the new google play market and it will wotk! About time!