'Unfortunately messaging has stopped working'?

1. l14m3

l14m3 Well-Known Member

Anyone else having issues with MMS and the message 'Unfortunately messaging has stopped working'?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Nope, and I'm using the same ROM as you.

As a first step, boot into recovery, wipe the cache and dalvik-cache, fix permissions, then reboot and see if it's fixed.
  3. l14m3

l14m3 Well-Known Member

I have tried that, without luck.

I have been doing some research and believe it could be due to my "APN" or something? I'm with O2 UK
  4. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

APN settings should be picked up from the network automatically, but the O2 support website may have the correct settings listed for comparison.
  5. checktravis

checktravis New Member

i have been struggling with this since i got my s3. i don't even use the built in message app since i use GV. the only thing i need it for is to receive messages from verizon about my data usage, etc.

i am running a stripped down rooted rom so i probably messed something up somewhere. but i finally figured out a workaround.

i disabled the messaging app and installed go GO SMS Pro. It's free and you don't have to be running GO launcher to use it.

nothing else is affected. GV still works great and i only ever see GO when i get a message from verizon (or, i guess, any text to my verizon number).

hope that helps.